It's too hot :(

Soldato
I seem to have 5 dead midges inside my new tv. Great. Luckily the retailer is happy to replace it tomorrow. I swear even with the windows shut they still seem to get it. Any suggestions? I hate this weather because of insects lol

Caporegime
I seem to have 5 dead midges inside my new tv. Great. Luckily the retailer is happy to replace it tomorrow. I swear even with the windows shut they still seem to get it. Any suggestions? I hate this weather because of insects lol

Sadly there are only two ways to prevent this, the first is to breed spiders which sounds awful until you find out that the only other way is to burn your house down.

Associate
12am and 28.8C. Hasn't gone below 27C in over a week.

I'd move my bed outside, where its only 17C, if it weren't for the damp/dew.

Definitely gonna look into aircon deals post-summer for the years to come or until they start building houses with it as standard.

Soldato
25.7 degrees downstairs atm, 26.8 upstairs.

I don't think I've been much below 25 degrees on either thermostat now for about a month, occasional dips below but surely averaging well over 25.

I'd kill for some thunderstorms and rain!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

We’ve had to switch the power station over to mains water because the canal water we abstract is almost all gone.

Water company isn’t happy with us using 450T an hour though :D

Soldato
So if you get aircon (like proper aircon with wall-mounted unit/s and an external condenser or whatever it is)... how many internal units would one need to cool the entire house? Would one per floor do it (assuming your house isn't a massively expansive mansion)? If you only had one unit downstairs I assume it would do nothing for the hot air upstairs, but if you only had one unit upstairs would it have more of an effect on the air on both floors?

Associate
I'm currently working in Oman for a year, its 47 degrees on average this month. My Air-con in my accommodation has been set at 28 degrees for the last month. I have been asking locals on how to cope with the temps and they all say "you don't cope you just avoid doing anything during the day".

Soldato
12am and 28.8C. Hasn't gone below 27C in over a week.

I'd move my bed outside, where its only 17C, if it weren't for the damp/dew.

Definitely gonna look into aircon deals post-summer for the years to come or until they start building houses with it as standard.

Same on the air-conditioning I think. Someone posted a link to the new Mitsubishi R32 air heat pump and it looks great.

Soldato
comfortable 22c in front room going to 25c max during day with blinds tilted so not bad at all ,my lawns soaking with dew as well ,just deciding witch beach to go to ,misssing my surfing though and thinking more and more about paddle boarding for these spells

Soldato
Someone needs to invent a central heating mod that super cools in summer and allows normal heating in winter

Most home HVAC systems in the USA both heat and cool. Unfortunately the heating is just heated air blowing through the same vents as the a/c air, so it's much less efficient than UK central heating. However, the cooling part works very well indeed. :D

24 outside, probably higher inside :(

Just had a 4 hour car journet with freezing cold air con, utter bliss. Soon as you step out.. hits you like a brick wall.

Sleep in your car? :D:confused::cool::p

Soldato
I'm going to Wales this coming weekend and I suddenly realised yesterday that means I wont have air con in the Airbnb... I'm actually considering a new, small AC just to take for this trip.

So if you get aircon (like proper aircon with wall-mounted unit/s and an external condenser or whatever it is)... how many internal units would one need to cool the entire house? Would one per floor do it (assuming your house isn't a massively expansive mansion)? If you only had one unit downstairs I assume it would do nothing for the hot air upstairs, but if you only had one unit upstairs would it have more of an effect on the air on both floors?

Obviously, a proper wall mounted one will likely be better than my upright one, but my 12,000BTU chills my room really well. But... even if I leave my room door open, you can tell such a difference stepping out into the hall and coming back in. I doubt one unit will do a whole floor.

Soldato
We’ve had to switch the power station over to mains water because the canal water we abstract is almost all gone.

Water company isn’t happy with us using 450T an hour though :D

Is that Baglan Bay PS?

If so what used to be on that site, looking on Google Maps it looks like a huge factory or power station used to be their before?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Is that Baglan Bay PS?

If so what used to be on that site, looking on Google Maps it looks like a huge factory or power station used to be their before?
Yes, you're looking at the remains of the BP petrochem site next door.

Associate
Getting bored of this constant heat now...

I do love the summer, long days to get things done after work and on weekends outside but i'm moaning about it now, and want it to cool down! lol

It's just too hot to comfortably do anything, going to work in trousers and shirt is no fun, getting home to 28 degrees in the house, and trying to get to sleep at night is a joke..

If we had proper seasons in the UK we could invest/prepare better for this kind of thing, but we don't!, and we'll probably wont have this kind of summer again for another 30 years...

Back
Top Bottom