Cases built for Dual Systems (Full ATX)

Associate
Hi all,

Just a quick one, does anyone know of any cases that allow the building of two full ATX systems within one case? The only cases I seem to have found were the Thermaltake W200 and the Lian Li D666.

Sadly however I cannot seem to find any UK retailers that sell either of these cases and OCUK no longer sell the Lian Li and they have been out of stock on the ThermalTake case for a very long time, and buying overseas means the cost is double as shipping is near enough the same cost of the case itself.

Just wondered if anyone knows of any cases aside from these that would allow two full ATX systems cooled via air and AIO?

Can provide specs of both systems if needed for any reason to gauge space and such. But I can't seem to find a whole lot.

Thanks

Soldato
2 ATX will be difficult.

Phanteks do a few ATX & ITX; namely the:

Elite (Stupid expensive)
Enthoo Mini XL with a £20 upgrade kit for ITX
Enthoo Evolv X (To be released around August) and again, with a cheap upgrade kit to fit an ITX

Also the Corsair 1000D will do an ATX & ITX.

If you want two full ATX systems you’d be looking at a custom case or perhaps something from Caselabs or one of the larger, more expensive desk cases.

Associate
OP
I've just doublechecked, the two systems I own and already have built which I wish to transplant are indeed ATX + E-ATX. Sadly changing the boards at this point isn't entirely viable.

I have now found Caselabs after your mention of them, but the site seems unclear if their Magnum THW10 (the biggest of them) series and such will support dual Boards and systems. And from a googlesearch there isn't a whole lot of information regarding it, but from what I can gather, it indeed seems they are incapable of handling dual systems.

Associate
OP
Get in touch with Parvum they would no doubt be able to design you a case that caters for both of your systems.

I have left them a message in regards to a custom case and if it is indeed possible. Thank you.

They would, but from ordering and paying and getting the case, you’ll be waiting 6-12 months.

6-12 months would indeed be a bit too long to wait. I have left them an email regardless enquiring about a custom case to fit both the systems much in a similar vein to the Thermaltake W200 as a reference. I shall wait and see what they say. I have also emailed Caselabs with a similar enquiry for custom case work. Now to just wait and see when they reply.

Any other suggestions are very much welcomed however. I understand the notion of trying to fit a full ATX and a full E-ATX system into one case is rather niche in a manner of speaking.

Soldato
Any other suggestions are very much welcomed however. I understand the notion of trying to fit a full ATX and a full E-ATX system into one case is rather niche in a manner of speaking.

You could also try protocase, they are a Canadian fabricators and will build anything you can design, although they can help you with this. Visit there page and contact Alex who is the UK rep. I’ve been in talks with Alex for about a week now regarding a custom built case, anything over $200 and it’s free shipping anywhere in the world. Alex is a great person and tell her Rich from the UK recommended them.

They aren’t cheap, but the quality is spot on and they will build you anything you like.

Associate
OP
After googling Protocase and have a good look at their services, they certainly seem to be the way to go. I shall certainly throw them an enquiry email as they seem to provide the services ideal to what I require. Thank you.

Associate
OP
After googling Protocase and have a good look at their services, they certainly seem to be the way to go. I shall certainly throw them an enquiry email as they seem to provide the services ideal to what I require. Thank you.

I have sent them an email enquiring about a dual system case, and have also said that you recommended the company and rep in paticular. Fingers crossed for a speedy-ish response. :)

Soldato
No problem and good luck. If you proceed, I’d love to see a project log. Sounds like a beast!

They are on the East coast, so about 5/6 hours behind but I cannot rate Alex highly enough so far.

Associate
OP
I shall certainly debate on a project log. Aye, it's going to be my main gaming rig, fairly similar in specs to the one in your Signature, currently exact same case too. :p And then my Workstation/Server/Render/Storage rig. Both fairly monstrous rigs.

And will post here for anyone interested also if I go ahead with the custom case if I fail to find an alternative, but Protocase certainly seem to be the way to go. Thanks once again.

Associate
OP
If you have deep pockets then Caselabs have models that easily house 2 ATX, even EATX in a single case.

Do you know which case this was in paticular? I went through their website and even emailed them about it, and they seemed to make it clear that none of their lineup was capable of housing an ATX + E-ATX system in one case. I thought the THW10 would be an option for this. However and I quote one part of their email in response. "The THW10 does not currently have an option for dual motherboards."

If you can direct me to which case this would be specifically that would be great.

Associate
Do you know which case this was in paticular? I went through their website and even emailed them about it, and they seemed to make it clear that none of their lineup was capable of housing an ATX + E-ATX system in one case. I thought the THW10 would be an option for this. However and I quote one part of their email in response. "The THW10 does not currently have an option for dual motherboards."

Sorry, I always thought the TH10 supported dual ATX boards but upon checking it seems it does not without some modding :(.

Soldato
Might help to have a few move details around the types and number of drives you need to accomdate, along with details of any addon cards (GPU) etc. Cooler heights things like that.

If you just got 2 systems with no add on cards for example it might be quite easy to subdivide a tower case for example?

How much space have you got to put your new case in?

Associate
OP
Currently the two systems are a gaming rig and a Server/Render/Workstation.

The gaming rig is a E-ATX Maximus Board, running I7 7700K on a Corsair H115I Extreme AIO, and a Asus Rog Strix 1080TI, all storage is provided by NVME M.2 Drives. The other is a ATX Aorus K7 Board with a Ryzen 1800X OC'd, on pretty much the same AIO with a cheap GPU, although likely to house a 1080TI itself to aid the Ryzen chip in rendering and such once I upgrade to the potential new GPU's Nvidia has upcoming.

However both of these systems are likely to be updated heavily sometime soon. Like the Ryzen system will be jumped over to a 2000 series chip and new board, excess storage, at the moment it has a 500GB SSD and a 6TB Mechanical. But with the intention to expand massively due to project space and such. The gaming rig also is due for upgrade. Likely go to an 8th Gen Intel CPU, and depending on the new cards Nvidia release, a potential for those in SLI.

Currently in talks with a rep from Protocase who is in discussion with me for the custom fabrication of a enclosure able to house both of these systems with enough room to expand to GPU AIO along with CPU AIO cooling, mass storage additions and up to even Quad GPU placements should a board support it. The only option availible to me was custom case work. As no retailer nor company really does dual ATX/E-ATX or above systems. Only ATX + Mini ATX or so. Which I find rather odd considering the vast userbase of PC Enthusiast and how little there seems to be of full ATX+ dual system compatibility. :)

EDIT:

Well Protocase finally responded with a rough quote, and at that price, is not close to reasonable. So I guess it is back to square one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom