Moving to the USA, best way to sell PC?

Associate
Hi,

I’m about to move permanently to the US. I can’t really bring my system with me so I’m having to sell it. I’ve tried Gumtree but not had much interest.

Do you guys have any recommendations on where it might be best to sell my system? eBay? Bought most of the parts here on OCUK including the PG279Q monitor which I’ll also sell.

Asus Strix GTX 1080
Asus Z170-a
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB + 256GB
Corsair AX860
Corsair H100i v2 GTX
Corsair 760T v2

TJM

TJM

Associate
Remove the graphics card and CPU cooler, stuff the case with bubble wrap and post it to yourself. Or stick the valuable parts on eBay and toss the rest.

Soldato
I moved to the US some 15yrs ago. It was either take nothing or take everything. In the end we paid for a container to be shipped. I took most of my electronics with me, and just adjusted what i could, like your PSU may have a 110v switch. anyway i either adjusted or ran with a step down transformer on the things i couldn't. Sold certain things that would never run like , PS2, xbox, TV's and most importantly cars.

Associate
OP
I’m already taking an extra bag so I can’t take it with me that way.

To transport it is expensive and a lot of hassle.

When I’m there I will be busy moving around between a few places initially so I’d rather not have a PC for the time being.

In other words, I just want to sell it and the monitor. Just wanted advice from some members here. I thought about selling the parts individually but again that takes time and effort beyond what I can afford at this moment - I have a lot happening in a short space of time.

I’m still in the U.K. for the next few weeks.

Associate
OP
You're typically looking at prices starting at £70, and then to add insurance cover is much much more with many couriers not providing complete insurance for computers. From memory parcelforce would only cover £250 of the value if it was damaged for example.

US component prices are often cheaper than UK too so by the time you've accounted for getting it sent there you might as well do a new build :D

That was my thought, if I can get a fair price for it I’d be better just building a newer system while I’m across. No sales tax will also save me a fortune. But right now I’m just paring my life down to the absolute essentials - which is quite a cathartic experience. Almost 30 years of life in a few suitcases and a backpack.

I’ll keep just lowering the price on gumtree and hope for the best.

Soldato
To be honest if you're not prepared to split and sell on the likes of Ebay you're going to have to be prepared to take a hit on price. Especially if you want a quick sale.

Hope you get it sorted pal.

Back
Top Bottom