alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Soldato
I think I just reached the conclusion that even if there were newer models coming they wouldn't reach this price point for 12 months+ and as far as I can see the improvements are fairly small for the new LG etc given they are likely to be £200 more. Besides, there's always going to be "something newer" on the horizon. This should do me until we get proper 4K plus support (with GPU to run it) with proper HDR10 etc at a sensible price.

Associate
Also pulled the trigger. Been needing a new monitor for a while, been stuck with a single 24" 1080p for about a year since my second (an old Hazro) died. Still have my 4 year old R9 290X that's due an upgrade too, but that will have to wait until the new Nvidia cards drop. Won't be able to play anything demanding but can still benefit from the glorious colour and resolution.

Associate
Love it - just had a quick blast on warframe and it's silky smooth - really impressed in comparison to 4K 60Hz.

Only gripe is that the stand is really deep and the monitor sits very far forward on the desk - so may look at a vesa mount for it.

Associate
Oh god! I just read this after ordering =D
Yes I was also surprised how big it was (could probably fit pair of screens inside and still have space there).
I had it delivered to work and thank god I bought Hyundai i30 SW as it hardly fit to trunk with less then centimeter to spare to get it home. And thats car with one of biggest trunks.
Otherwise need to tilt back seats or out of luck or borrow wan.

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like you can get an extra 10% off if you have a student email address - link

I wish I was a student now :p

Nah doesn't work mate unfortunately, even though it states - "Great news : Offers can be combined with money off deals of the online store"

The online chat guy said it's because it's already discounted too much haha. Was worth a try! :)

Associate
Nah doesn't work mate unfortunately, even though it states - "Great news : Offers can be combined with money off deals of the online store"

The online chat guy said it's because it's already discounted too much haha. Was worth a try! :)
The rep told me the same thing but when I applied the discount code it worked. Hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow.

Associate
The rep told me the same thing but when I applied the discount code it worked. Hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow.

Oh that's weird. When I apply it it just says it's not available for what's in my basket. Did you use the monitor code or the Alienware one? I've tried both

Associate
It was the one for "10% on Monitors & Projectors".

Ah sound mate. I've tried it on several different monitors on their website and I just get "This is a valid coupon code, but there are no matching items currently in your cart." Nevermind, I guess I'm just being cheeky :)

Back
Top Bottom