Azul: Stained Glass Of Sintra

Associate
Next Move Games have announced Azul: Stained Glass Of Sintra, scheduled to be released at Essen Spiele in 2018.

From their FB post/news article:
Next Move Games is overjoyed to announce it's next title - Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra! After furnishing the Palace of Evora, King Manuel I now seeks to commission the world's greatest stained glass artisans to adorn the chapel windows of Palace of Sintra. As a glass artisan, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to demonstrate your exquisite abilities for king and country. Will you be the best at creating the most beautiful stained glass in the entire country? Welcome back to the world of Azul!

Created by the world famous game designer, Michael Kiesling, Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra challenges players to compete by carefully selecting glass panes to complete their windows while being careful not to damage or waste supplies in the process. The window panels are double sided providing players with a dynamic player board that affords nearly infinite variability!

Illustrated by Chris Quilliams, players can expect to discover all new unique art and components in Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra including all new translucent window pane pieces, a tower to hold discarded glass panes, double sided player boards and window pane panels, in addition to many other beautiful components!

Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra is scheduled to be released at Essen Spiele in 2018. While crafting and staining a chapel's windows could take weeks, a game of Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra should only take 30 - 45 minutes and was designed for glaziers 8 and older.

I believe it will be stand-alone from Azul, which is already on my current list of to buy games!

Associate
Azul so brilliant, I will be interested to test this in Essen. I will hopefully play sagrada Thursday at my local club. See how it actually plays.

Associate
OP
Oh I hate Segrada. My bad luck with dice in any game is, however, legendary.
Hehe, don't ever get into Warhammer or the like or you'll be throwing models & terrain out of windows :p.

One of my old gaming group was also similar with his dice rolls. If we happened to play a game needing good rolls & we were in a pinch, we'd all hold our breath if he was the one to roll for it.

I saw the giant Azul, which looked really nice but as I'm moving house/starting a new job I didn't look into it more & I think it was a special/limited run. :(

Associate
I enjoy it, but I think I prefer the original.

It plays like a less tight/cutthroat version of Azul. Due to the random windows (colour) setup, your less likely to be directly competing over the same tiles at the same time. I think some will prefer it as your less likely to be done in by other players hate drafting, but for me, that was half of the fun.

Back
Top Bottom