Case to impress! (10 year old)

Soldato
Hey

So my son is already bang into pc gaming.

I got him a Intel x5650 and a 980ti for chChristm not last year but the year before. Then this year just gone he wanted a second monitor, so I got him that.

This birthday we (me and the boss) want to get him a bigger desk and fully water cool it with RGB galore.

So, I've looked at a few thermaltake cases and they are very open and show offie. But is there anything else? Needs to be a good size and take a 360 rad or maybe a 240 and a 120.

What would you guys suggest?

Soldato
OP
Doesn't have to be. But tight fit when going full water.

No need for dvd writer but it will have a ssd and a HDD but I'm thinking if there's a PSU shroud I could put it in there with the pump and have the res on show?

As I say I'm just starting to plan,nothing is set in stone. I've got 2 months

Soldato
Doesn't have to be. But tight fit when going full water.

No need for dvd writer but it will have a ssd and a HDD but I'm thinking if there's a PSU shroud I could put it in there with the pump and have the res on show?

As I say I'm just starting to plan,nothing is set in stone. I've got 2 months

So you're building a full custom loop?

Bit over your budget but I'd perhaps look at the Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic... looks great and the option for multiple rads (up to x3 360, although that many certainly isn't necessary). You can RGB-ify it up as much as you want with fans and lighting.

Soldato
OP
Yeah full custom loop. He's got a h100i with a dying pump and a hybrid 980ti.

So I think I'll try swap the 980ti with someone then get it all on custom. Really can't think of anything else to get him :/

Soldato
Yeah full custom loop. He's got a h100i with a dying pump and a hybrid 980ti.

So I think I'll try swap the 980ti with someone then get it all on custom. Really can't think of anything else to get him :/

The Lian Li Dynamic is a good shout I think as it's not that expensive, looks great and will be easy to build in. Have you watercooled yourself before? Don't underestimate the time it will take. ;)

Soldato
OP
The Lian Li Dynamic is a good shout I think as it's not that expensive, looks great and will be easy to build in. Have you watercooled yourself before? Don't underestimate the time it will take. ;)

Yeah I've water cooled since I had 9800gtx+ in sli :D think it was thermaltake gear. Not like the quality we have today hahahaha

I'll check that case out. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom