alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
Had mine delivered this morning at 7AM. The box is huge, it came on its own pallet.

Got it all attached to the PC and WOW. I have some very minor back light bleed in the bottom left and right corners. Nothing you would notice unless you were looking at a black screen all the time. No dead or bright pixels. This monitor gets a thumbs up from me. It is some much better than the Dell U3415W it is replacing.

Get it whilst you can at the £799.97 price as it is a steal.

Associate
I used 20%off voucher code from Blue light website. You can get one if you know anyone that works in NHS or emergency services or military. They sign up on website takes 2 mins and you get a code. Don't use the link in this forum as that takes you to business page and vouchers don't work. Go to dell website and select home then accessories and buy your monitor apply your 20% code. Job done. Mines on its way.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I used 20%off voucher code from Blue light website. You can get one if you know anyone that works in NHS or emergency services or military. They sign up on website takes 2 mins and you get a code. Don't use the link in this forum as that takes you to business page and vouchers don't work. Go to dell website and select home then accessories and buy your monitor apply your 20% code. Job done. Mines on its way.

Thanks! My wife works for the NHS, so this is useful to know. Still can't decide whether the get this or hold out for the LG 950G... If I hold out, I'm sure the Dell will be discounted again in November. I've had my current monitor for 8 years, so I'm sure that I can hold out another couple of months!

Associate
How far back are people sitting from this? Front of face to monitor? With the mega stand think my desk might be too small for it....
My desk is huge, 170cm wide and 90 CM deep and it sits about in middle, so adding chair I would say around 70-80cm from screen most of the time.
But yeah looking for some good desk VESA stand as having almost 40 cm free space behind screen is waste of space.

Any idea about good VESA stand for this monitor ?

Associate
Thanks! My wife works for the NHS, so this is useful to know. Still can't decide whether the get this or hold out for the LG 950G... If I hold out, I'm sure the Dell will be discounted again in November. I've had my current monitor for 8 years, so I'm sure that I can hold out another couple of months!
I doubt 950G will be close to this price anytime soon, most likely will cost even more....

34UC98-W cost about $1k and thats old screen without nanoIPS and Gsync so I would expect price in $1200-1500 range to account more expensive new display, quantum dot layer and Gsync module.

Soldato
I can get one for £676 with the 5 year Basic warranty and I'm still battling to pull the trigger :(

The thought of needing to turn my head to see the entire image is putting me off.

Associate
Have to head to the UKMail depot to get mine tonight.

Driver phoned me but couldn't deliver to a neighbour due to the value of the item.
Bit annoying, but I completely understand - I was expecting this to be the first in a nightmare of missed deliveries, but the driver and the guy at the depot were both super nice so I can't complain.

Back
Top Bottom