Looking to to change my old full tower case to mid tower

Associate
So I built my PC about 6 years ago when I was quite naive, ended up wasting a lot of money on my build when I could potentially have saved 30% of my cost of my build. Long story short, the only thing I've ended up replacing so far is the graphics card but all my old parts are now out of warranty.

I have a cooler master haf-x, it's very large and heavy. about 600mm in height and length and the case has always been mostly empty, I don't have any extra peripherals inside. The front USB ports are broken and the stands are broken too.

So now I am looking to change to a smaller case my budget is about £70.

*About 450mm in length/height.
*Windowed Screen
*Dust filters on the intakes
*Strong bottom case stands
*Prefrably at least 1 5.25" bay
*PSU Shroud
*Good cable management with grommets

Would appreciate any insight you guys can offer, another point to note, I'm not into overclocking thus I dont pay much attention to cooling. I've seen the NZXT s340 which seems quite nice but doesn't have a 5.25" bay.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think that was a common fault with the front usb ports. I emailed them about mine and they send me a brand new top bit. It's was the haf 932 which I think is basically the same thing apart from a few tweaks .

What cooler and GPU do you have. Some are to big for a midi case

Associate
OP
I think that was a common fault with the front usb ports. I emailed them about mine and they send me a brand new top bit. It's was the haf 932 which I think is basically the same thing apart from a few tweaks .

What cooler and GPU do you have. Some are to big for a midi case

Ah. Was your 932 still in warranty when you emailed them? If there still willing to send me a new one for free I could potentially sell the case on.

GPU is gtx 1050TI strix, smaller than my older card xfx radeon 7950, don't think I would ever get one as big again.

Cooler: Stock Intel, works fine for me and I hate those high profile heatsinks!
What motherboard have you got? Full ATX or Micro ATX?

ATX! Although I am actually considering getting an mATX mobo if it means I can get a nice smaller case.

Back
Top Bottom