LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
Bah, trigger has been pulled. That price for the AW is incredible. Gorgeous design and is the best out right now. Maybe I'll still check out the LG if it's a competitive price for a dual widescreen madness, but for now, that price can't be passed up.
i still think that the Acer x34P is better than the Dell

Associate
Its a shame that we in Germany cant get the Alienware at such a good price. Im calling and chatting with the Dell Support since the morning but the best price i could get was 1050€ inc. vat. thats about 930 pounds, still fairly more expensive then what you guys in the uk get. I would wait for the LG if i could get it for around 1000€ but i have to get my Monitor till the start of September because im moving to turkey and I dont think that these Monitors are available there at those prices.

Associate
Do we know exactly what is going to bring the nano ips technology? has it been reviewed already anywhere?
I think it will reduce the BLB, improve the blacks and the contrast, does anyone know?

Thanks

Associate
Loving that this LG thread is getting Dell some business :D:D:D
Guilty! However, is there any more info on when they're getting sent out for reviews? Still very interested despite a Dell on the way.

Edit: It does look like the AW is part of an early black Friday sale going on atm. I'm sure we'll be seeing it at 799 again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do we know exactly what is going to bring the nano ips technology? has it been reviewed already anywhere?
I think it will reduce the BLB, improve the blacks and the contrast, does anyone know?

Thanks

Better quality overall including less prone to IPS issues, better colours and HDR600 in the case of the Freesync models. (looking forward to pair it with the V64 Nitro+ later in the year)

Buying right now an IPS monitor like the X34P or the Dell is kinda daft, given how many years old tech they are actually.

Associate
Excited for this monitor. Will 144Hz be an "overclock" feature, or will the native 144Hz simply be locked out because of G-Sync restrictions?

I wonder if there would be a way to achieve 144Hz-165Hz in 16:9 2560x1440p. Probably too late to implement such a feature, but that would certainly be a great distinction vs other ultrawide displays.

Caporegime
or will the native 144Hz simply be locked out because of G-Sync restrictions?

Yes, this is the current thinking. In effect it'll be 'downclocked' because of the older Gsync module not having the necessary bandwidth. Should know more closer to release. Freesync version won't have this problem.

Back
Top Bottom