*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Pretty fun if you're into the Dynasty Warriors mechanics and didn't get chance to play it on Wii U or 3DS, the combos and animations are pretty cool, from the looks of the main story/Legend mode it seems pretty short if you was to go by IGN walkthrough but there are a lot of optionals in adventure&challenge mode which adds extra game time.
There are additional 2 characters added on from breath of the wild aswell in the definitive edition i believe.

I hear the adventure mode is a big draw for people. I'll get it next, never played a game in that style before so might be something I enjoy

Associate
I'm not used to ever dying in games these days but in DKC:TF I must die a good ten times per level. As you say there are more than enough lives but even dying once makes this tougher than most platformers.

I haven't ever used the shop and quickly reached the 999 coin limit cap.
That bloody Owl boss got me about 50 times, easy after that though.

Associate
any of you switch owner had problems with cracking on the casing was ready to pull the trigger and buy one this Friday but all the stuff im reading regarding small cracks appearing have made me a little cautious

Caporegime
any of you switch owner had problems with cracking on the casing was ready to pull the trigger and buy one this Friday but all the stuff im reading regarding small cracks appearing have made me a little cautious
Hmmm

I've been pretty addicted to the Switch and its news since the announcement, release and up until now...and can't say I know of this being a real problem. Maybe some of the initial batch had an issue but I don't think it was ever widespread.

The hardware generally is solid. Just get one.

fez

fez

Caporegime

I saw a few things about that recently but before that I had heard nothing. They have sold about 20m consoles so it wouldn’t be that hard to find 10-20 people with issues with everything. Mine is still mint after nearly a year and a half.

Soldato
Seen a few thumbnails for over the top YouTube videos trying to make issue of it but as many above have said, if anything it's a minority compared to the amount shipped and probably falls inline with expected percentage rates for faults if that makes sense. I haven't checked mine but 99.999999% sure that it won't have a crack ;)

fez

fez

Caporegime
People handle these things differently so i'm sure some of the cracks are due to dropping or other abuse and if people have kids I wouldn't be surprised if some of them drop them or generally beat them up. I'm sure some of them have been poorly put together or have genuine issues but its certainly not widespread.

Man of Honour
The initial batches of Switches had dodgy WiFi and bluetooth chips on them, which resulted in a poor WiFi signal and signal issues with the left joycons. The newer batches have better WiFi and do not have signal issues even with the launch joycons that had connection issues with the dodgy Switches.

Nintendo had a band-aid fix by adding some shielding to all new joycons but non-broken Switches never had a problem even with the un-shielded joycons.

Soldato
Anyone who plays mostly in handheld mode, i would definitely recommend getting the Mumba case off amazon. Adds a little bit of bulk round the joy-con area so it's nicer to hold for longer periods of time (my hands go stiff holding the switch with no case in the matter of 20 mins or so). But it also holds it all together and makes it feel like a much more solid unit , as I thought after a while the joy cons do loosen. Also protected mine from a drop thank the Lord haha :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mumba-Nint...witch+case&dpPl=1&dpID=51F8tsrO2xL&ref=plSrch

Been playing mostly fortnite recently getting into it, presently surprised how well it runs , thought it would be a direct port of the mobile game bit it's actually a lot closer to the consoles which makes it brilliant to play in handheld

Back
Top Bottom