FIFA World Cup 2018 - Semi-finals [10/11 July] **spoilers**

Caporegime
Ref was awful. But we looked terrible. How many times did Pickford have to come out to receive a pass. Why the hell our defense could t find anyone to pass to is beyond me. Ended up as either a Pickford lump ball to Croatia or turning around in circles.
Ali, who should be linking up, with kane, seemed not to know that they train together all year.
Sterling is a little boy who cant stay on his feet. Rashford showed strength but hasn't been given a chance to shine

#GarethSouthgateWould lose a WC semi cause he's too nice to tell the 8yr old child up front that he can't play today.
Possibly our most disappointing game tonight. Not even thinking about the rsult - just the performance.

So many aimless balls to an isolated front man with no chance of winning the 2nd ball.

So many squandered chances to shoot.

So little imagination or guile.

Croatia were objectively the better team - but I fully expect France to batter them.

Caporegime
Croatia played better, and we were too cocky as a country, we deserved to lose.

The commentators saying at half time that Croatia are a rubbish team was just the icing on the cake. I guess we're worse! Good one muppets.

Soldato
^^ At both comments

Got quite possibly the easiest way to the final any semi decent team could hope for.

Now just watching people pretend they did some amazing feat getting to a semi final and also posts on forums and social media blaming the ref.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Lucky it wasn’t 4-1 with the dodgy clearances that Pickford made!

Shame, I can’t get psyched for a France Vs Croatia final :(

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Not the best performance, first half we did well but the ref let too many tackles go without booking. How Lovren wasn’t booked for taking Kane out I’m not sure. Then there was the blind linesman missing corners and throw ins, unlikely it would have changed anything but it is infuriating that they can’t do their job.

I thought Kane was anonymous most of the match, are his instructions to avoid the penalty area? There was never anyone to cross a ball to.

Would I have taken a semi final before the tournament? Yes. Am I feeling like we could have done better? Definitely, but oh well. Good experience for the boys and a thoroughly entertaining World Cup.

Soldato
Croatia played better, and we were too cocky as a country, we deserved to lose.

The commentators saying at half time that Croatia are a rubbish team was just the icing on the cake. I guess we're worse! Good one muppets.

Until half time they were. England were all over them.

Soldato
^^ At both comments

Got quite possibly the easiest way to the final any semi decent team could hope for.

Now just watching people pretend they did some amazing feat getting to a semi final and also posts on forums and social media blaming the ref.

The most goals an England squad has scored in WC history, last minute goals, hat-tricks, the emergence of exciting young talent, a run to the semi-final - there's an awful lot to be proud of throughout our performances of the last month.

Soldato
I think we should have stayed in the red shirts and we would be in the final.

In red against Tunisia we won
In white against Belgium we lost
In red against Sweden we won
In white against Croatia we lost.

Yes we won against Panama in white but they don't count as a football team. Frankly, anyone could beat them without football boots on. :p

Soldato
I think we should have stayed in the red shirts and we would be in the final.

In red against Tunisia we won
In white against Belgium we lost
In red against Sweden we won
In white against Croatia we lost.

Yes we won against Panama in white but they don't count as a football team. Frankly, anyone could beat them without football boots on. :p

I made the same joke before the game started :p

Caporegime
Unlucky England to lose to Croatia but when you meet a quality side you have to pick up your game ;).

Was a great start by England and first half they bossed Croatia about. But **** me what happened in the second half?? It was like they totally forgot how to play lol.

First Croatian goal was a bit flukey to be honest but second one was sublime by Mandzukic. In all honesty Pickford should have been sent off for wiping out Mandzukic when he was one on one with Pickford. No way did Pickford get any of the ball but karma can bite and next time Mandzukic made certain the ball went in the net.

But either way England or Croatia would get picked apart by France in the final.

Valiant effort lads, made so much easier with an easy run to the semifinals. Just glad it didn’t go to penalties.

Who knows Southgate might get this team to win the WC in 4 yrs time.

Back
Top Bottom