Best 1440p monitor for Photoshop and Gaming paired with 1070ti?

Soldato
I started out intent on getting the Dell 3415W Ultrawide monitor but think sitting about 20 inches away from the screen it might be too big. Also I don't need the curve as it may play minor distortion on straight lines when working in PS.

My primary use will be PS/LR so image quality is the highest priority. However, I will game on the side and with a 1440p target an ultrawide prob pushing it.

1440p will prob mean I'll get 60-80 fps on max settings with the 1070ti so 60hz plus is probably enough.

I've looked at the Asus pg279q and Acer XB271hu. The latter is more within my budget <£600. Though going my threads on here the Acer customer service sounds awful. The former is better calibrated out the box but considerably more expensive.

On a side note I'm being offered the XB271hu for £400 (could haggle to £350) second hand. Downside is warranty doesn't transfer with Acer Though he says he hasn't registered it. States it was the 4th he swapped with Amazon to get the best one with back light bleed.

There really doesn't seem to be all that much choice. Opinions?

TLDR : Best IPS 1440p for Photoshop/Gaming <£600?

Associate
The Dell S2716DG might work. Its well within your budget and an excellent price now.
Gsync will mean the 1070TI will be smooth.
Lots of people have manually calibrated the monitor to near IPS quality.
Dell also have great warranty and service from peoples posts.
I would review the thread here in the monitor section and give it some thought.

Soldato
OP
Thanks both. Just slightly apprehensive with Acer and Asus ips screens. I really don't have the time of patience to go through 3-4 monitors for the best one with out BLB.

Generally speaking IPS Dell counterparts - people hardly complain. They have some sub £500 screens which look great and get 99% srgb though not much following on here. Guess this is a gaming forum.

Back
Top Bottom