FIFA World Cup 2018 - Semi-finals [10/11 July] **spoilers**

Caporegime
First Croatian goal was a bit flukey to be honest but second one was sublime by Mandzukic. In all honesty Pickford should have been sent off for wiping out Mandzukic when he was one on one with Pickford. No way did Pickford get any of the ball but karma can bite and next time Mandzukic made certain the ball went in the net.

If he didn't the ball would have been in the back of the net...

Caporegime
First Croatian goal was a bit flukey to be honest but second one was sublime by Mandzukic. In all honesty Pickford should have been sent off for wiping out Mandzukic when he was one on one with Pickford. No way did Pickford get any of the ball but karma can bite and next time Mandzukic made certain the ball went in the net.

Que? What game did you watch?

Caporegime

You might want to watch that again.

Man of Honour
While we’ve done well overall, I always felt we’d struggle against a top quality side. Yes, you can only beat the teams infront of you, but they were lesser teams on the whole, which helps.

I was a bit disappointed with Kane, while he’ll probably get the golden boot, I thought he could have done more in most of the games, and he messed up that chance tonight to make it 2-0.

Sterling lacked end product as he so often does.

I think the defence were clearly at fault for both goals tonight, certainly the second one, they switched off.

Ultimately the team isn’t that great, we lack that spark you get from the very best players.

All in all though, a decent tournament for us.

Permabanned
I think England's performance was fine.

The only team in the tournament that can beat any other team is France. France has been impressive.

There is nothing wrong in England to not being consistent enough to overcome today's hurdle - after all the referee was against them anyways.

Soldato
Actually that's another thing that's bugging me, why is Kane the captain. He just seems way too quiet and I rarely see any passion from him, much rather see Henderson with the armband on.

Permabanned
Kane was awful all match. No threat in front of goal, no energy, no runs, no hold up play and no leadership. I felt he let the team down. When your the talisman striker and the captain you have to show more against big teams.

At one moment, I wondered why you don't have Gareth Bale - but then I realised he was playing for another country.

Man of Honour
Kane was awful all match. No threat in front of goal, no energy, no runs, no hold up play and no leadership. I felt he let the team down. When your the talisman striker and the captain you have to show more against big teams.

I thought against Sweden it was strategic - making him anonymous that game made a lot of sense but becoming almost completely invisible this game I dunno what to think.

Back
Top Bottom