*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Been playing mostly fortnite recently getting into it, presently surprised how well it runs , thought it would be a direct port of the mobile game bit it's actually a lot closer to the consoles which makes it brilliant to play in handheld

Paladin has now replaced Splatoon for me. I need to give Fortnite another go.

Soldato
After a bit of a break I finally managed it!
Shaman Stone, Soul Catcher, Flukenest

Phew :)

Good on you buddy, great feeling right!?

Anyone who plays mostly in handheld mode, i would definitely recommend getting the Mumba case off amazon. Adds a little bit of bulk round the joy-con area so it's nicer to hold for longer periods of time (my hands go stiff holding the switch with no case in the matter of 20 mins or so). But it also holds it all together and makes it feel like a much more solid unit , as I thought after a while the joy cons do loosen. Also protected mine from a drop thank the Lord haha :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mumba-Nint...witch+case&dpPl=1&dpID=51F8tsrO2xL&ref=plSrch

Been playing mostly fortnite recently getting into it, presently surprised how well it runs , thought it would be a direct port of the mobile game bit it's actually a lot closer to the consoles which makes it brilliant to play in handheld

I really like the look of this. To be honest I do mostly play handheld but often feel a bit uncomfortable so something like this could help my hands out a bit :)

Soldato
Paladin has now replaced Splatoon for me. I need to give Fortnite another go.

When is paladin going to become free ?

You need to give fortnite a little bit of time imo it becomes a great game I think , I turned aim assist off , and stopped worrying about people jumping about just aim to hit them as they land and seem to be doing much better although still not had a 1st place

Soldato
Anyone got Darkest Dungeon? Even on Ps4 I found the text quite hard to read so would be interested to anyones thoughts on this in portable mode.

Had no issues reading the text although the game didn't really click with me. The oppressive atmosphere offers no relief at all and I just found I wasn't having fun. The game takes a bit too much pleasure in pushing bad luck on you at every turn.

Art style and gameplay mechanics are decent though and some people love it but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Soldato
Anyone got Darkest Dungeon? Even on Ps4 I found the text quite hard to read so would be interested to anyones thoughts on this in portable mode.
I've been wondering this too as it's a game I've been wanting to try for some time now. I did see a review saying the text for the tutorials is too small so play that part in docked mode but once your past that, handheld is fine?

May have been patched to enlarge the text since then as I believe it's been a common complaint with the console versions.

Soldato
Text is the same. Takes a bit of getting used to but it's fine even for my old eyes. I sunk over 50 hours into it. A brutal and stressful game. Not sure if I'd describe it as fun but I enjoyed my time with it. Masochistic!

Soldato
Text is the same. Takes a bit of getting used to but it's fine even for my old eyes. I sunk over 50 hours into it. A brutal and stressful game. Not sure if I'd describe it as fun but I enjoyed my time with it. Masochistic!
I sort of like the sound of that, and don't at the same time :)
Loving Donkey Kong still, on the 3rd overworld map now

Soldato
If you go for the version with all the DLC make sure you turn it off (they are all on by default) for your first play as it makes things much more difficult. I realised this after about 10 hours and started again. Still bloody difficult though. If you like stat heavy, buff, debuff, heal, crit, dot turn based team management dungeon crawlers then this is your thing! I watched a small amount of Youtube playthroughs which convinced me I would like it.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I keep toying with the idea of darkest dungeon and I think I would really enjoy it but it looks quite involved and I haven't got a lot of time for gaming at the moment. Looks great though.

Soldato
Good tip thanks, glad it gives the option to play vanilla first.

If anyone is in to well made skill based fighters, Pocket Rumble seems to have impressed the fighting game guys on giantbombs podcast.

Soldato
I played DD mostly at lunchtime at work or on car journeys etc. It's good to pick up and play anywhere.

It tells you whether the dungeon you select is long or short before you commit. And you can always bail out if things are getting nasty - which they do, always.

Man of Honour

So many games have tiny text in portable mode. Paladins, rocket league and fortnite are games that spring to mind. Steamworld game maps are too small too.

Soldato
I played DD mostly at lunchtime at work or on car journeys etc. It's good to pick up and play anywhere.

It tells you whether the dungeon you select is long or short before you commit. And you can always bail out if things are getting nasty - which they do, always.

Yep DK is spot on for that

I suppose with any game like darkest dungeon, even if a section is long you could just sleep the console and pick up later. My favourite thing about the Switch tbh, I know all consoles do this now but I use the feature most on switch

Back
Top Bottom