Lawn pop-up sprinkler system

Soldato
Hi all

Anyone fitted one of these?

Is it possible at all without being too destructive? Lawn is already laid (has been for years). Just had enough of moving the sprinkler around multiple times to cover the whole area in this heat (started a bit late to be honest, but planning ahead for next summer really I guess).

Thanks!

Soldato
Can't imagine you can fit one if these without digging up the lawn to put pipes in, and the whole thing has to be laid to be very stable. I overlook a small sports club, and they relaid their pitch a couple of years back with sprinklers, water reclamation, etc, and they basically ripped it out and started again from several feet down to put all the required water/drainage stuff in.

Soldato
OP
Thanks! Someone has pointed me towards Claber Calibri and looking on youtube is seems fairly decent and not very destructive. Just needs a 'slit' in the ground as opposed to actually digging anything out.

He's interested in buying it too, so might wait for his verdict and then buy

Soldato
Why don't you save yourself a bundle o cash, and just get a hose splitter like this

Run a few more bits of hose and a few more sprinkler heads. Even better run several hoses from the adapter around the edge of the garden with hidden sprinkler heads to create your own system.

Caporegime
Why don't you save yourself a bundle o cash, and just get a hose splitter like this

Run a few more bits of hose and a few more sprinkler heads. Even better run several hoses from the adapter around the edge of the garden with hidden sprinkler heads to create your own system.

i was going to suggest the same thing.

split the hose and just run 2 large sprinklers.

Associate
Saw a youtube video where they used a pressure washer to cut neat thin lines in the lawn for the hose feed to the pop up sprinklers. Awesome!

Soldato
I buried a blue water pipe the length of our garden I just used a spade to cut a line all the way up. Then pushed the pipe in whilst prizing the turf apart. Went over it with a roller and a week later you'd never know

Associate
im sure you could dig a fairly small patch to install some pipework but I guess is it worth it when maybe splitting the hose would be a better option

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all responses. Pretty good shout with the pressure washer one, although I imagine it would make a right muddy mess! ha

I'll do some thinking. The splitting hose idea isn't too bad but I kind of wanted the neatness / always there just switch it on and go aspect of the underground one

Caporegime
I was going to install one of these in our new lawn but just ran out of time sadly. It would definitely be my preferred option.

I'd never retro fit one though. Assuming you have decent water pressure, the splitter option will do just fine.

Caporegime
Is it? All depends on what you want to spend your money on I guess and how much you want a nice green lawn
If everyone did this and was more worried about green lawns than water supply we would have a problem similar to Cape Town earlier this year.

Soldato
OP
I was going to install one of these in our new lawn but just ran out of time sadly. It would definitely be my preferred option.

I'd never retro fit one though. Assuming you have decent water pressure, the splitter option will do just fine.
Fair enough. I might see how this mates retrofit goes and decide from there! :)

Back
Top Bottom