*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Associate
The Condemn Crusader does seem to be a really powerful build, not playing as much this season as previously but hopeful with this build I can break the GR100 barrier. @Parky, did you do anything special for you Illusory Boots or just farm ActII bounties?

I just farmed the ActII bounties, I was lucky enough to get a a pair after only a couple of tries. It took a while for my friend to get them though, it seems the RNG gods were smiling on me.

It's surprised me how tanky it can be tbh, I half expected to be wiped out when I first jumped into GR80s but it's just a case of playing a little smarter.

Soldato
Getting annoyed with this game now!
Played necromancer last season and had great fun with it... Hit GR70 around a month ago and have since reached the dizzy heights of GR81 yet still any form of primal ancient elludes me.
Stupid rng!!

Soldato
Malevolence, forgive me if you are well aware of this. I don't know how much you have played/your experience in D3.

Are you cubing stuff? Not trying to rub salt into the wounds but Trag'Ouls Corroded fang just wouldn't stop dropping for me this season when cubing stuff. Also, you probably are not making this mistake, but for the shadow hook, I was cubing one handed scythes rather than two handed. Just making sure you're not making the same mistake I did heh :)

Yeah, was cubing stuff but I think the RNG faerie had heard me referring to her in a very uncouth manner and decided that I will get everything bar the ones I want/need. And then today, I fire the game up straight after the England match and BAM, both scythes drop from the cube and both are ancient too. Also got a normal shadowhook for the cube to eat too.

Soldato
When you saying cubing...are you talking about upgrading rares? or something else?

Yea, upgrading rares.

Yeah, was cubing stuff but I think the RNG faerie had heard me referring to her in a very uncouth manner and decided that I will get everything bar the ones I want/need. And then today, I fire the game up straight after the England match and BAM, both scythes drop from the cube and both are ancient too. Also got a normal shadowhook for the cube to eat too.

Ahh good. Glad that Faerie has sorted herself out :)

Soldato
OP

Potential upcoming Diablo game announcements this year!

Hopefully good news at Blizzcon or/and Gamescom :D

Greetings Heroes, I'm Community Manager Brandy Camel, also known as Nevalistis. On behalf of the Diablo team, welcome back to the Sanctuary for the newest season!

For those of you still rocking your heroes in Reaper of Souls, you might have noticed we did something a little bit different for Season 14, Themed Seasons! The Season of Greed is our first themed season, and we plan to explore additional themes in the future. If you'd like to know more, click this link.

We'd also like to let you know that the forges here at Blizzard are burning hot, and we have multiple Diablo projects in the works. Some of them are going to take longer than others, but we may have some things to show you later this year.

We hope you stay tuned while we work to bring you these Diablo experiences to life. None of this would have been possible without the support you have shown us for over 20 years, so whether you first joined us in Diablo III, or you're a seasoned veteran, thank you.

Diablo is, and always will be part of Blizzard's identity, and we can't wait for the future!

Soldato
Just done GR 70 on s14 and it was hard! Don't know how people do 100+? I have ~170mil toughness and get one shot killed on GR 71. Think I need more paragon levels to build up my damage so I can kill faster, @612 with ~600K damage now.

Soldato
Just done GR 70 on s14 and it was hard! Don't know how people do 100+? I have ~170mil toughness and get one shot killed on GR 71. Think I need more paragon levels to build up my damage so I can kill faster, @612 with ~600K damage now.

Same here, I have toughness out of the wazoo yet quite often I'm blitzing through a rift when a crappy white skeleton, or other white trash mob, just one shots me from out of nowhere. I've just corralled a load of bosses together and flattened 'em within a few seconds whilst taking hardly any damage yet a single white trash mob can one shot me. It's **** like that makes me ******* hate the RNG aspect to this game.

Associate

It pretty much comes down to Paragon levels, Gem levels and the ultimate quality of your gear.

You can have all the relevant gear for your build, but if the stats rolled on each piece are crap/irrelevant then you'd be surprised just how much of a difference it makes. I planned an Energy Twister wizard build using all of the best stats on the gear, but with the lowest possible rolls. The estimated difference in damage to a full set of perfect rolled gear was massive, like hundreds of billions after all the damage multipliers were in place. Best bet is to go over your gear and compare it with what you should be looking for, keeping spares to re-roll in the cube for a more optimized piece, remember that an ancient piece of gear is not necessarily going to be better than a standard piece with good rolls.

Paragon levels do make a good difference, but you're talking hundreds of levels at a time to see decent gains. Plus after around level 750 it starts to become slow progress if you're playing solo. One thing I think a lot of people overlook is augmenting their gear early, most seem to want to wait until they have their gems around level 80-90 before they start augmenting, but there's nothing stopping you augmenting good pieces of gear with say level 50 gems and then re-augmenting them again at a later time.

It's a much better way to get a quick boost and doesn't have to be saved until endgame grinding, for example:

1 Paragon point = 5 points of your main stat
1 Gem Level = 5 points of your chosen stat
Therefore a level 50 gem yields 250 of your chosen stat

So you are effectively gaining a decent amount of Paragon levels worth of stats for each piece augmented, it might not look like much, but when you can augment several pieces of gear with decent level gems that you can easily speed farm then it makes sense. My Crusader had a good weapon and amulet drop early so they were augmented first, luckily I was tough enough that I could wait until my other gems were level 90 before augmenting, I think I did 9 pieces and saw about a 30% increase in damage.

It's also important to keep your main gems at the highest possible level, the gains might look minimal, but getting a couple of my gems from around 75 to 90 was the difference that allowed me to start pushing GR100s. It might be worth trying to do some GR in a group if you haven't already, you can generally push a bit higher than playing solo so it might give you a chance to level your gems higher than you are currently able to do.

Man of Honour

Potential upcoming Diablo game announcements this year!

Hopefully good news at Blizzcon or/and Gamescom :D

Players love to see progression, so we're altering Paragon levels to now boost your character further, granting +10 stat points each new height your Nephalem reaches.

In addition to this exciting news, we are adding a new extremely rare type of legendary above Primal, for those dedicated treasure hunters, you now have a chance to find Chief-Primal legendary items, which boast an impressive +150% stat distrubution. Push your character to new heights!

We're also going to be unveiling our new Diablo 3 pet showcase, adding over 200 new and unique pet recolors to the game. Which one will join you on your journey through Sanctuary?

All of these wonderful feature and more, Blizzcon 2018. See you there.

Soldato
It pretty much comes down to Paragon levels, Gem levels and the ultimate quality of your gear.

You can have all the relevant gear for your build, but if the stats rolled on each piece are crap/irrelevant then you'd be surprised just how much of a difference it makes. I planned an Energy Twister wizard build using all of the best stats on the gear, but with the lowest possible rolls. The estimated difference in damage to a full set of perfect rolled gear was massive, like hundreds of billions after all the damage multipliers were in place. Best bet is to go over your gear and compare it with what you should be looking for, keeping spares to re-roll in the cube for a more optimized piece, remember that an ancient piece of gear is not necessarily going to be better than a standard piece with good rolls.

Paragon levels do make a good difference, but you're talking hundreds of levels at a time to see decent gains. Plus after around level 750 it starts to become slow progress if you're playing solo. One thing I think a lot of people overlook is augmenting their gear early, most seem to want to wait until they have their gems around level 80-90 before they start augmenting, but there's nothing stopping you augmenting good pieces of gear with say level 50 gems and then re-augmenting them again at a later time.

It's a much better way to get a quick boost and doesn't have to be saved until endgame grinding, for example:

1 Paragon point = 5 points of your main stat
1 Gem Level = 5 points of your chosen stat
Therefore a level 50 gem yields 250 of your chosen stat

So you are effectively gaining a decent amount of Paragon levels worth of stats for each piece augmented, it might not look like much, but when you can augment several pieces of gear with decent level gems that you can easily speed farm then it makes sense. My Crusader had a good weapon and amulet drop early so they were augmented first, luckily I was tough enough that I could wait until my other gems were level 90 before augmenting, I think I did 9 pieces and saw about a 30% increase in damage.

It's also important to keep your main gems at the highest possible level, the gains might look minimal, but getting a couple of my gems from around 75 to 90 was the difference that allowed me to start pushing GR100s. It might be worth trying to do some GR in a group if you haven't already, you can generally push a bit higher than playing solo so it might give you a chance to level your gems higher than you are currently able to do.

I have not augmented anything as I don't know what it is, think it something in the cube but not done much with that. I only have 3 gems @60 and the rest are between 0-25. I have been playing around trying to roll better stats on items. I was stuck on GR50 and after a few tweaks got through the next 18 levels easy.

Associate
Don't forget, your progression in this game is not just tied to quality of items & paragon levels but also to what kind of build (build = matching skills & items to get reach higher GRs) and making sure that you use the build to its maximum potential (ie matching play style and usage of said build). Yes, getting better stat on items helps, yes, having higher paragon level to pump your stats also helps, but the biggest advancement you can make is to utilize a top build matching the class you are playing. Once you use a top build correctly and become familiar with it, you'll find yourself climbing those greater rift levels with ease. Plus remember there are generally 2 types of builds, a farming build (usually based and speed and high dps plus items to get your more gold and/or death breaths) and the serious GR loaded builds that rely on balancing dps with survivability.

Most build can be found on diablofans.com but also youtube (check out https://www.youtube.com/user/Rhykker many of his videos cover some of the top builds and on how to use them) has many good videos regarding builds, just make sure the builds are for the latest patch, as many builds that were once great are not anymore.

Associate
Hi everyone just a quick question i had the diablo 3 disks years ago when was realeased i have been onto blizzard however no games listed on purchases etc.

I have downloaded diablo 3 without paying anything etc and it picks up exactly were i was so i must have the game saved on blizzard but is there no way to view purchased games as if i didnt download i wouldnt have know and thought maybe it was going to ask for a key.

I loved diablo 2 when was younger and only got to lvl 19 with the witchdoctor on 3 so hopefully get into it again.

Seen there is now a necromancer that was always my favorite caracter whats opinions on him as expansion is £13

Any play online often etc

Thanks dean

Associate
Hi everyone just a quick question i had the diablo 3 disks years ago when was realeased i have been onto blizzard however no games listed on purchases etc.

I have downloaded diablo 3 without paying anything etc and it picks up exactly were i was so i must have the game saved on blizzard but is there no way to view purchased games as if i didnt download i wouldnt have know and thought maybe it was going to ask for a key.

I loved diablo 2 when was younger and only got to lvl 19 with the witchdoctor on 3 so hopefully get into it again.

Seen there is now a necromancer that was always my favorite caracter whats opinions on him as expansion is £13

Any play online often etc

Thanks dean

Does it show under your game accounts? Log into your battlenet account, then Account settings > Summary tab > expand arrow on Diablo 3. It might show the CD key in there if it's been linked with your account, I don't think it would ever ask for your key again though, it would just be linked to your battlenet account at this point.

As for the Necromancer/expansion it depends what you already have? Do you have the base game or do you have the reaper of souls expansion as well?

If you don't have reaper of souls then I would say that it's a must, it adds a good amount of content including seasonal characters & rewards, it's pretty much the best way to play the game at this point. The Necromancer class is fun to play, maybe not quite the same as it was back in Diablo 2, but there's some strong builds with varying playstyles to keep you entertained.

I'd say give the story mode a good playthrough and familiarise yourself with the game again, it shouldn't take more than a few hours to complete. Then if you are enjoying yourself purchase reaper of souls and jump into a season character, you'd also get the Crusader class to play around with if you don't already have it.

Associate
Brilliant thanks for all that i have been reading same thing people saying its not as good a class as diablo 2, i will continue with witch doctor for now and only have base game.

And diablo 2 was a huge game i though would take many many hours for diablo 3 but will have a good go tonight, i seen the season caracter thing but dont know what its about.

Thanks for all the info mate will have a good go and let you know what i think also many people play online ? I used to love online in d2 using whites and necro and having hundrededs of skeletons and mages and golum

Dean

Associate
Some news of ladder timings for you.

Season 14 will end on the following dates:

• North America: Sunday, September 16 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
  • Europe: Sunday, September 16 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
  • Asia: Sunday, September 16 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
Season 15 will begin shortly after on the dates below:

• North America: Friday, September 21 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
  • Europe: Friday, September 21 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
  • Asia: Friday, September 21 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Back