alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
Yeah, phoned up today and she said she'd try to ship it out today or tomorrow, which is annoying.
Mine took a while to process for some reason. Just had someone call me up and basically confirm my email. Then it was sorted and has arrived! The box is HUGE, but what a beautiful monitor. May have to dip in for a 2nd or wait for a 950 to accompany it.

Associate
I used 20%off voucher code from Blue light website. You can get one if you know anyone that works in NHS or emergency services or military. They sign up on website takes 2 mins and you get a code. Don't use the link in this forum as that takes you to business page and vouchers don't work. Go to dell website and select home then accessories and buy your monitor apply your 20% code. Job done. Mines on its way.
I logged in to bluelight with my nhs email, I only see 10% off codes?
edit: I'm a muppet, it's the accessories section

Last edited:
Associate
So close to buying one of these, just trying to find a mate who qualifies for this 20% discount.

No one seems to have had much negative to say about the monitor which is a good sign I guess :)

Associate
Here are a few snaps of my new monitor. It's in a huge box and the thing is quite large, the stand isn't as bad as I expected though I want to get a monitor arm eventually.

Initial set up

Some backlight bleed. I wouldn't say it's as bad as the picture, however it is probably more like this.

Out of the box I noticed some dead pixels and freaked out, there was one right in the middle, and several others around the middle/left area. Checking the backlight bleed test and doing the brush/tap trick, I think it cleared all of them, or at least the ones that are really a problem.

For this kind of money (even with such a good sale!) you'd think they would find a way to produce panels without such faults.

The IPS glow is quite bad however, watching some YouTube trailers in 4K 21:9, the beauty of OLED displays really makes this look like hot garbage in comparison. Though it doesn't bother me too much, I hope it's the last LCD monitor I ever get and the next ones will be micro-LED.

Edit: My 980Ti is severly underpowered, can't wait until the 1180 is released! :D
IMG_20180712_212202.jpg

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Just bought this, hoping my Strix 1070 OC will be handle things OK if a dial back some settings.

ETA 17th, but I'm away on holiday until 19th. Do I have any options or is one of my neighbours going to have to take in this beast?

Associate
Absolutely love mine. Zero dead pixels, minimal BLB and IPS glow. 1080Ti running well, monitor is simple beautiful. Fantastic buy at £720 :)

Associate
Guys how is it the AlienFX ?? does it work like the Phillips Ambilight?

What about the returns ? the package must be massive, do you have to carry it yourself to the closest post office or can you arrange the pick up ?

Associate
Mine arrives tomorrow and I cannot wait!! It's going to make me want a GPU upgrade but I must resist....:rolleyes:
That is the problem i have i want to buy both at the same time, gtx 1180 and an ultrawide 1440p, the problem is the more i wait for the monitor the cheapest it will be with the new models coming in etc, but i am worried that the Dell will become out of stock and they will have only the new models..

Associate
I'm trying to track my monitor, it says "order shipped" with :

Package 1 SYNE click here

I then click, enter my customer number and nothing happens.

What am I missing?

Associate
Does this monitpr support 1:1 pixel mapping?
So if a game doesn't support 21:9 you can just run it at 2560x1440 instead (with black side bars of course).

Back
Top Bottom