Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
I wonder what modifications they had to make to the cockpit to fit his huge testicles in there.

@ 2:40 (lap time) - how he keeps his foot in all the way up that hill while it's bouncing around like that :eek:

They need to take it to Pikes Peak next

Last edited:
Associate
Literally have watched this on repeat maybe 5 times in a row.

Absolutely insane. Parts of it just defy the laws of physics. The speed through the apex's and the acceleration out of the corners. **** me :eek:

And that boost on the back straight. You literally hear it and then see the speed go linearly to 369kph. The only other car I've seen accelerate like that was the Agera RS speed run.

Timo Bernhard' ******** are most definitely colossal in size :cool:

I have it on repeat on the TV :)

Amazing skills.

I'm not entirely sure these speed runs are a great idea as this looked incredibly dangerous, even in a modern car.

Man of Honour
OP
I honestly couldn't believe my eyes for the first half of the lap, just was so fast that it didn't seem real.

Whilst dangerous yes I wish there was a motorsport series that gave that same WOW sensation when watching an onboard.

Soldato
Soldato
It's also interesting because they can't open it again once closed can they? So if they chicken out and close DRS before T1, they cannot get it again on the run down to T2... or am I wrong?

I would assume the FIA have done the maths involved to ensure that a car with DRS open and following another car still has enough downforce to make it through T1, otherwise there could be some absolute plane crashes on corner exit.

Soldato
It's also interesting because they can't open it again once closed can they? So if they chicken out and close DRS before T1, they cannot get it again on the run down to T2... or am I wrong?

I would assume the FIA have done the maths involved to ensure that a car with DRS open and following another car still has enough downforce to make it through T1, otherwise there could be some absolute plane crashes on corner exit.

I think after activating DRS, it will close the rear flap if the driver reduces throttle amount and/or applies brake.

Me thinks the practice sessions could be interesting this weekend, drivers experimenting with different fuel levels and seeing how things go playing the DRS lottery through turns 1 and 2... With agreement between teams to not run close through that section at some point, to test the limits with a little more safety.

Soldato
It's all part of the challenge. I don't want the drivers to have everything on a plate for them. Can't do it flat in the race, then don't open DRS or close it before T1. I can't see it turning into Villeneuve vs Zonta at Spa (1999 challenge to see know would take Eau Rouge flat. Spoiler: neither successfully completely it flat with all wheels remaining on the car).

I am surprised that the DRS zones aren't on the Wellington Straight, Woodcote/old pit straight and Hanger Straight though.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Probably 100% cotton to protect against the electrical hazards with the ERS systems.

We have similar requirements (for clothing under approved boiler suits).

Back
Top Bottom