Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

Soldato
Can someone explane why im getting really crappy bandwith in the read/write/copy at super tight 3333mhz 14/14/14/28 T1 with TREF low also
as i cant see the point in running at these speeds other than better latency the speeds are actually on par or slightly worse than the memorys XMP profile wich is 4000mhz 18.18.18.38

i think im running into a chipset bandwith limitation on z370 board or is there a setting im oblivious to that gains higher read/write/copy.. :/

tight3333_timings.jpg

Soldato
Upgraded my B350-F strix to latest BIOS yesterday (4011) - which includes the latest AGESA update (10.0.0.2?)

Darn it - was all stable but my guinea pig has reported problems with fortnite and minecraft crashing (yes my 10yr old daughter).

Performed a quick HCI mem test and its failing very quickly despite being able to run Cinebench etc no problem.

Anyone any luck getting this new bios to work? any recommendations? (I can't roll it back without bigtime faffing apparantly)
Mem settings according to bios are DCOP, 1.35v, and 14-14-14-31-97-1T - which is what it was all auto set at before (other than the Trc - had to set that manually from 3x to 97).
No CPU overclocking - rest is all on Auto etc.

thanks in advance.....

Soldato
Cinebench btw is a short cpu stability test.
You want to be running a few loops of Realbench instead for memory.

Also your TRFC might be a little to low.

Soldato
Cinebench btw is a short cpu stability test.
Also your TRFC might be a little to low.

Which is the TRFC? - I believe them are all the SPD settings which the RAM should be set to? (I'm going according to what CPu-Z reports).

Anyhoo - think I sussed it. Read on ROG forums of peeps having similar issues till they raised the volts on the DDR slightly.
Whacked it on to 1.38v (same settings as above) - 3 instance of HCI at 3Gb of RAM each all passed 100%

4 runs of realbench happily chugged away - now onto the crux of the matter - whether it can withstand a full 2-4 hours of my daughters uber minecrafting skills. ;)

Soldato
Which is the TRFC? - I believe them are all the SPD settings which the RAM should be set to? (I'm going according to what CPu-Z reports).

Anyhoo - think I sussed it. Read on ROG forums of peeps having similar issues till they raised the volts on the DDR slightly.
Whacked it on to 1.38v (same settings as above) - 3 instance of HCI at 3Gb of RAM each all passed 100%

4 runs of realbench happily chugged away - now onto the crux of the matter - whether it can withstand a full 2-4 hours of my daughters uber minecrafting skills. ;)

Make a brew go watch tv leave her to it, if she comes back with issues find out what the BSOD is.... as it could be graphics card lol

Soldato
Was defo the memory bud. - she completed a solid 4-5hours lol.
Question is its not going to harm the ram running slightly above 1.35v is it? (@1.38v)

Soldato
You can happily put more in and still be totally fine, so don't worry about adding slightly more then xmp/docp would normally set, Just take that voltage as a guide, and sometimes will need tweaking for full stability as you have seen.

Soldato
It was rock solid stable for the past 6 months or so until this new BIOS. Supposed to be a new 1.0.0.3 Agesa due out soon which addresses all these memory issues....... hoping that will allow me to drop back to standard when it it drops.

mem_zpsl2grlego.jpg

That about right?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so been playing about abit the passed few days, boy is it tiring lol.
Edit: Forgot to mention these are the 8pack extreme 4000mhz kit

Anyways followed how to get the NS readings for my sticks via typhoon Burner, good job i did, as the xmp NS readings where abit lower.

Went about manually adding all this into my bios (Latest for asus strix B350f), well as much as it would allow, so of the options simply are not there.

Long story short, Dram voltage 1.4, Soc 1.125, cpu llc normal, soc llc high.
All settings with multiple options in the screen shot where Rec option was used.
TRFC stuff was rounded down as my mobo would'nt take the decimal version (don't know if important but best to mention).

Boots every time no issue, can happily use the system.
HCI = 650% ish 1 error (2+ hours).
RamTest = 2100 ish 1 error (45 - 50 mins).

So i know its getting damn close to being fully stable, and may just need a slight tweek, so this is the point where i admit i am not sure, so i will ask those with more knowledge of memory sub timings then myself. Thanks for taking the time to read.

pva0qzf.jpg
iIR2bZX.jpg

Soldato
Ok so been playing about abit the passed few days, boy is it tiring lol.
Edit: Forgot to mention these are the 8pack extreme 4000mhz kit

Anyways followed how to get the NS readings for my sticks via typhoon Burner, good job i did, as the xmp NS readings where abit lower.

Went about manually adding all this into my bios (Latest for asus strix B350f), well as much as it would allow, so of the options simply are not there.

Long story short, Dram voltage 1.4, Soc 1.125, cpu llc normal, soc llc high.
All settings with multiple options in the screen shot where Rec option was used.
TRFC stuff was rounded down as my mobo would'nt take the decimal version (don't know if important but best to mention).

Boots every time no issue, can happily use the system.
HCI = 650% ish 1 error (2+ hours).
RamTest = 2100 ish 1 error (45 - 50 mins).

So i know its getting damn close to being fully stable, and may just need a slight tweek, so this is the point where i admit i am not sure, so i will ask those with more knowledge of memory sub timings then myself. Thanks for taking the time to read.

pva0qzf.jpg
iIR2bZX.jpg

managed to get 3333hz running on X470 Aorus Ultra , half tempted to send to a friends Hero to see how he gets on. Need to try in Aorus 7 next . Using same 4000hz kit and at £170 at the time was a steal!!!

FT2bIeM.jpg

Q1mSPOh.jpg

have a feeling my limiting factor is the R7 2700 chip as its a poor overclocker! 3400hz does work fine at stock speeds and survives mem tests for about 4 hours (im time limited), soon as i overclock... crash and BSOD

Associate
does removing the heat spreader invalidate warranty as I am looking to build a Ryzen system but considering dark rock pro 4 and while it fits with the spreader off its not worth the warranty..

Hi dude did it fit ok? I see it has a quoted 40mm standard and a potential 51mm clearance if you can mount the fan higher. Lots of reviews state that trident z fits fine - I would rather the 8pack dark pro at 3866 if poss so this is the main deciding point.

Associate
Othe
Hi dude did it fit ok? I see it has a quoted 40mm standard and a potential 51mm clearance if you can mount the fan higher. Lots of reviews state that trident z fits fine - I would rather the 8pack dark pro at 3866 if poss so this is the main deciding point.
Other people said it does. Fortunately for me ram clearance is no issue as I am receiving a review sample for a raijintek aio so not using a pro 4

Back
Top Bottom