*** Show us your bikes! ***

Caporegime
It's parked next to its baby sister in the garage lol.

This weekend if the weather improves the baby ninja will be having her rear end taken off seized shock replaced and all her bearings relived along with new fluids.

After that she'll be back in for her mot and ready to resume wet weather duty :p

Although I feel somewhat evil parking a brand new bike next to the poor abused one, it seems like a hills have eyes style thing of sitting the new victim next to the corpse of the old one :p

Every time I get off the h2 I am shaking, it's equal parts fear and equal parts pure excitement.

One big thing though is the controls are so precise and the engine so revvy its showing up all my faults compared to old non electronic bikes.

A bit of sloppy clutch work is hidden on them on this its Hurley noticeable.

It's good though its gonna make me work to improve, but I think I might get some dog leg levers for it as i have tiny hands..

:)

Caporegime

I agree with pretty much everything he says.

Tried the Kebc setting today it helps a lot with the feeling in the corners I couldnt tell you really the differnce its just that its a lot smoother in the on off throttle part.

I think with a map and exhaust to remove all the emisions ******** the bike will be a lot better.

But part of the problem is it wants to rev trying to keep it arpund 4k is a touch awkward. Once that service is done and the full range can be used it'll be better

Caporegime
Shouldn't take you much longer to be able to unleash it :D

It's sprung a leak :(
Coolant from the left hand side connection to the radiator.

Dealer is shut now so emailed them and will be ringing first thing in the morning.

Hopefully it's something simple like a hose clip not properly seated.

Soldato
It's sprung a leak :(
Coolant from the left hand side connection to the radiator.

Sorry to hear about the leak, hopefully nothing serious.

It’s ludicrous in any gear never mind 6th :D

You know the saying of “if you don’t look back at your bike as you walk away you have the wrong bike”

For me it’s “that bike insane and what have I done” but in a good way.;)

Caporegime
Sorry to hear about the leak, hopefully nothing serious.

It’s ludicrous in any gear never mind 6th :D

You know the saying of “if you don’t look back at your bike as you walk away you have the wrong bike”

For me it’s “that bike insane and what have I done” but in a good way.;)

Yep every time I walk away from it I'm shaking a bit and grinning ear to ear like a lunatic.

What have you set your suspension to Scotty I'm finding the front dives a lot under breaking (understandable given the weight and the power of those breaks) thinking of finding a place to get it all set up as I'm not too clued up on suspension.

They've given me a versys 1000 demmo bike as q courtesy while the h2 is in the garage (looks like just a hose clip isnt in place properly) I have no idea how people find these things comfortable.

It's bolt upright which is jist ruining my back and at motorway cruising. Spped (90+) the wind on your hands is so bad it takes quite a bit of effort to lift fingers off the bars lol

I can't really see the point of these road going adventure bikes. So tall and heavy theyr e awkward at low speed and lights, horrific on the motorway at speed (hand guards may help) because no fairing protection pants flapping on my shins, legs cooked by the engine and just don't feel stable or happy with cross winds.

And definitely too heavy and plastic for any actual adventure stuff.

This has me 100% convinced I made the right choice the h2 was great with a passenger (they did complain they got a bit wind battered though but rhat was my right hands fault) at speed on the motorway its just effortless fairing provides perfect protection engines warm but directed away from you perfectly.

Low speed its weight is very well hidden and low power mode makes traffic / sub 10mph manoeuvres a breeze.

It's strange its a bike that a few degrees of twist puts you into brain melting acceleration but a few button presses and a gentler hand and its jist sensible and practicle. Managed 41mpg too lol.

The only major problem I'm finding with the h2 is that I have to keep checking the speedo a few times I've starts during out people for saddling before realising I'm actually doing 40+in a 30.:D

Soldato

Totally agree with you on the Versy, put my back in a weird position - very uncomfy after about an hour.

As for the H2, many times I've been at instant ban speeds without realising.

I just can't get over how well it handles for such a heavy bike, even though I find it a pain around town at times.

Getting around 200mpg to the tank, even after pushing it a bit.

Glad you're happy with it.

Soldato

First bike i've had, can't ride it until i get my CBT done next Friday so my e-bike will have to do for now.

2016 Yamaha WR125R with 850 miles on it, it's in great condition.

Soldato
Should be ok i think, it's quite a busy area, i've not heard of one car or bike going missing in this area in the 40 years i've lived here.

I've got a decent chain and disc lock on it as well.

Back
Top Bottom