Oculus Rift

Associate
The best advice is if you feel dizzy or sick, STOP. If you try to push through you will cause your brain to associate VR with feeling ill, making it harder to get acclimatized.

Use teleport in games that allow it, and turn on comfort modes like snap turning, blinders, and other options.
Pick simple experiences at first, and slowly build up to the more demanding ones.

Cheers, I have no option but to immediately stop! Will tinker with some more settings and see if that helps.

Like Ravenger says, don't push through the sick feeling. The moment you feel nauseous quit and go do something else for a while. Some people have to take off the headset completely to recover, I just played a game that didn't make me feel sick.

you will build up resistance over time.

Good advice from you both, will try more of a dipping my toe in approach rather than jumping in head first. Thanks guys.

Soldato
The lens cover for one of my sensors has come off, it won't stay over the IR camera now if pointing down, whats the best way to sort it, can I just sellotape it on lol?

Soldato
Thinking about selling the Rift. Hardware is fine but haven't touched it in ages, when I finally do, nothing but issues with softesof and getting sensors to detect etc.

Caporegime
It's tempting but it's over my budget and ive never played with a Vive so I'm sort of set on the oculus

Has anyone ever had any problems with changing the email on the oculus account so I can have someone else's old games ?
No problems when I sold my Rift to @maonayze last year. Email changed over and I reset the password as well and told him what it was.

Soldato
Looking at ordering one of these tonight, perhaps in the wrong place to ask but is the Oculus recommended over the Vive?

The Rift has way better controllers than the Vive (at least until the new Steam VR knuckles controllers release), plus the exclusive Oculus titles are a step up from most games available on Steam VR. The software you get free with the Rift is amazing too.

Associate
I've done it, I ordered one last night.. been after VR for a considerable time and at £350 it's just too good an offer to pass up! Just have to wait for my birthday now on August 9th :( Wife wanted to chip in on it with me.

Are there any games that I must play on this? I've got 4 that I intend to get straight away which are:

Onward (a friend has been begging me to get VR for this)
Job Simulator
Rick & Morty Virtual Rickality
Arizona Sunshine

Also any accessories that I must own?

Soldato
Are there any games that I must play on this? I've got 4 that I intend to get straight away which are:

Robo Recall, Beat Saber, Elite Dangerous, PCars 1 & 2

If you want a community type experience then Rec Room and Star Trek bridge crew, the latter have been some of the funniest moments I have had in VR.

Soldato
I've done it, I ordered one last night.. been after VR for a considerable time and at £350 it's just too good an offer to pass up! Just have to wait for my birthday now on August 9th :( Wife wanted to chip in on it with me.

Onward (a friend has been begging me to get VR for this)
Job Simulator
Rick & Morty Virtual Rickality
Arizona Sunshine

Also any accessories that I must own?
Lone echo, skyrim vr, eve valkary warzone.

Soldato
PCars 1 with a FFB wheel and pedals in a 20 car race and thunderstorm is an amazing experience, once all setup correctly.

I also have PCars 2 but to be honest I have not played much since installing, need to spend some time getting the handling and FFB sorted.

Associate
PCars 1 with a FFB wheel and pedals in a 20 car race and thunderstorm is an amazing experience, once all setup correctly.

I also have PCars 2 but to be honest I have not played much since installing, need to spend some time getting the handling and FFB sorted.

My wife is going to love me when I have all that set up :D

Soldato
Try the free game Aircar - it's a flying experience in a blade-runner type city. Incredibly immersive, but can make some people feel sick due to the motion involved.

If you've not used VR extensively before, take it easy! Start with 'comfortable' experiences, then work your way up to the more extreme experiences.

If you feel dizzy or sick, stop! Don't try to push through. Try again when you feel better, and build up resistance over time. If you don't stop you can cause your brain to associate VR with feeling ill, which is very difficult to overcome.

Back
Top Bottom