smr's RIAT 2018 Photos

smr

smr

Soldato
Hi guys, here's my effort from this year's show...

Mirage Delta 2000D by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

SU-27 Flanker by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Typhoon by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Rafale C by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Eurofighter Typhoon by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Belgian F16 10 by Joel Spencer, on Flickr
Belgian F16 by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

SwissF/A-18C Hornet by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Mirage Delta 2000D by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Polish F-16 by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Italian Flying Display by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Trenchard by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Spitfire by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Belgian F16 9 by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Chinook by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

F35A by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Belgian F16 6 by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Belgian F16 4 by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Belgian F16 2 by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Belgian F16 by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Tornado GR4 by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

RAF Chinook by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Last edited:
Soldato
Love the paint job on the Belgian F-16. Against a typical RIAT sky (ie dark and wet!) that would've looked superb.

But it's always the sight of an Su-27 which makes me regret having my wings clipped by my mother's dementia. One day I'll get to see one fly again. The highlight of my airshow life was seeing two display at Biggin in... er... '98?

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

PS Apparently it was '92! http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=95706

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
Love the paint job on the Belgian F-16. Against a typical RIAT sky (ie dark and wet!) that would've looked superb.

But it's always the sight of an Su-27 which makes me regret having my wings clipped by my mother's dementia. One day I'll get to see one fly again. The highlight of my airshow life was seeing two display at Biggin in... er... '98?

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

PS Apparently it was '92! http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=95706

Thanks for sharing. Nice to see those old photos.

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
Amazing pictures bud... Ive still not made it to a RIAT :( maybe one year.. Me and my 2 year old was stood outside today as a lot of planes were flying over in formation so im guessing heading home.... Nothing beats the sound of a jet flying past :eek::cool:

Thanks. You can't live too far away from it if you're in Swindon, well worth going to it's a fantastic airshow.

How is the 80D? I've been looking at them recently as an upgrade from my 60D. The 70D was a let down IMO due to very little improvements over the 60D, did the 80D improve on that?

It's a great camera, but I'm not sure about the 70D or 60D as my Camera before was a 700D.

Soldato
I thought I had missed RIAT this year.. Wasn't that bothered about it until our (southport) Airshow was on.....By the time I had realised RIAT was still to come. Couldn't get the tickets I wanted......I've also been talking myself in and out of buying the 150-600 to go with my D810 for a couple of years noe. After shooting Fully Manually for the first time this year with a 70-200 f2.8 and a X2 teleconverter I have loads of soft and OOF shots... So need more practice too.

EDIT

Oops sorry. Forgot to say some fantastic shots there mate

Back
Top Bottom