***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Associate
Yeah, was doing some more reading and probably wouldn't take the risk. Supposedly drivers updated to fix issues but people still complaining...

Caporegime
Yeah, was doing some more reading and probably wouldn't take the risk. Supposedly drivers updated to fix issues but people still complaining...

Yeah, its funny how its an AMD FreeSync monitor, but has major problems with AMDs cards, yet it works without a problem, if you have a Nvidia, i'll probs be best off waiting till the 11s come out, picking one of those up, and then this monitor :p

Wonder if it could be something to do with Win 10 also, as in that thread, it seems that they are on it, but im on Win 7 still.

Its also not just that monitor that is having the problems, as some others in that thread, have got others, and ive not had a single prob on Win 7 with my BenQ XL2730Z.

EDIT:

Found a BenQ :- https://www.overclockers.co.uk/benq...hz-hdr-freesync-gaming-monitor-mo-12d-bq.html

Reviews are decent :)

Last edited:
Associate
That BenQ looks pretty decent on first looks. Must have missed it altogether when I was looking or it would have been a serious contender...

Caporegime
That BenQ looks pretty decent on first looks. Must have missed it altogether when I was looking or it would have been a serious contender...

Yeah it does, shame its not in stock here, i can still get it though.

Been reading reviews, and watching vids on YT, looks a good'un, and ive got a BenQ already, so know what the're like :)

Caporegime
Noticed its a DP 1.4, now my my 350Z, is a DP 1.2, so im guessing the cables a DP 1.2 as well, so bearing in mind im not interested in the HDR, would my 1.2 cable, still give me the FreeSync on it, like it does now on the monitor ive got ?

EDIT:

Just been reading up, and apparently, DP 1.2, can do 3440x1440, at a max 120hz, so my cable should be fine, as the new monitors only 100hz :)

Orders in!

Lets see what all this widescreen gaming fuss is about :p

Last edited:
Associate
You've now just ruined every 16:9 monitor that's ever existed and will ever exist for yourself. Welcome aboard :D

Dunno about that. I've just bought a 27" 1440p 165hz g sync IPS to replace my x34a. As someone who predominantly plays FPS games the extra width is more of a distraction for me.
I think I'll be happier with the extra frames.

Soldato
Dunno about that. I've just bought a 27" 1440p 165hz g sync IPS to replace my x34a. As someone who predominantly plays FPS games the extra width is more of a distraction for me.
I think I'll be happier with the extra frames.

Admit it, you miss the extra real estate ;) I have a 24" 144hz side monitor that I *intended* to use for Overwatch and the like.... but honestly I just can't cope with how narrow it is so it's now a 144hz discord/music/browsing screen :p

Associate
Admit it, you miss the extra real estate ;) I have a 24" 144hz side monitor that I *intended* to use for Overwatch and the like.... but honestly I just can't cope with how narrow it is so it's now a 144hz discord/music/browsing screen :p

Haha, my x34 is actually off at the moment and tucked behind on the vesa mount. Using a 1440p 27" 144hz TN panel atm until my new one arrives. I miss the real estate on desktop for sure, and i miss the IPS colours more, but in game it's just a distraction to me.

Single player stuff like tomb raider I'll definitely miss it though.

Caporegime
Interesting

Despite what you may read, there is no such thing as a DisplayPort 1.1 cable and DisplayPort 1.2 cable. A standard DisplayPort cable, including the so-call DisplayPort 1.1 cables, will work for any DisplayPort configuration including the new capabilities enabled by DisplayPort 1.2, including 4K and multi-stream capabilities. All standard DisplayPort cables support RBR, HBR (High Bit Rate), and HBR2 (High Bit Rate 2), which can support 4K at 60Hz, or up to four 1080p displays using multi-stream.

https://www.displayport.org/cables/how-to-choose-a-displayport-cable-and-not-get-a-bad-one/

so i don't have a Displayport 1.2 cable.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Shes here, and all set up (will get a pic up later), got 3440x1440 100Hz, FreeSync on, and no probs so far, been running through some benchies, just to see if i get any black screens, FreeSync flickering or owt like the Sammy has, but nothing so far! :D

Shes an absolute thing of beauty, gaming on this is going to be incredible! :cool:

Me Last lighty bench for now, and me LC 64 creams it still, when it all goes off, and they all burst in, was still doing 70+ :eek:

Settings :-

lightysettings.jpg

Result :-

lightyframes.jpg

:D

Back
Top Bottom