LG OLED55B7V price hikes everywhere??

Associate
It does, but I've never managed to get it functioning correctly, just can't get it to connect to Plex media centre.

However, the full Plex library appears on the in-built LG Video/Photo app and all video's stream well, even 4K over Wi-fi, just not as nice an interface as Plex. No HDR from what I remember though.

HDR working great on my 65B7 via the built in DLNA client :)

If you are quick the 65B7 is currently 1999 at Richersounds! Bargain at that price surely?

Associate
I kept an eye on this TV on Amazon, Prime Day Deal was £1,299 which seemed a good price, not spectacular enough to jump on it. Not ready to buy just yet, want to get decorating done first so thought I'd hang on. Good old Amazon, it's the same price today...great one day only deal lolz....

Associate
HDR working great on my 65B7 via the built in DLNA client :)

If you are quick the 65B7 is currently 1999 at Richersounds! Bargain at that price surely?

That's good to hear, I'll need to give it another go, think there's been a couple of firmware updates since I last streamed 4k HDR.

Associate
I wouldn't ... and I didn't. I was keeping an eye on it as it's on my want list when the decorating is finished. I can only see it on richer sounds for £1,299.

Soldato
There's a great third party client for plex on LG called xplay. Miles better than the official app in terms of navigation, especially with logs remote.

You have to pay but it's only five pounds I think and you get a fully functional trial for 7 days. So definitely try it

Cool, that was the one I'd heard about so I sort of assumed perhaps there wasn't an official one, good to know I've got options. Roll on Friday. :)

Soldato
My B765 from Richersounds is coming on Monday (ordered yesterday night before the voucher expired! lol)
I opted for standard delivery as I thought they wouldn't not send a heavy and largy item next day via a courier, but apparently they have different plans.
I begrudge paying delivery for a TWO THOUSAND POUNDS item, next day should automatically be included on sheer principle alone.
I know the delivery charge isn't much, but cmon....
In the email the delivery company apologised saying the team is only available in my area on Monday, which is fair enough but really :/

Kinda miffed and kinda an odd practice in terms of delivery.....

Last edited:
Soldato
My B765 from Richersounds is coming on Monday (ordered yesterday night before the voucher expired! lol)
I opted for standard delivery as I thought they wouldn't not send a heavy and largy item next day via a courier, but apparently they have different plans.
I begrudge paying delivery for a TWO THOUSAND POUNDS item, next day should automatically be included on sheer principle alone.
I know the delivery charge isn't much, but cmon....
In the email the delivery company apologised saying the team is only available in my area on Monday, which is fair enough but really :/

Kinda miffed and kinda an odd practice in terms of delivery.....

They used a courier I had never heard of before for me - But they were really good actually - Called me ahead to plan a day to deliver, called an hour before they arrived to confirm delivery, when they arrived they put the TV into my car for me, took pics of it to confirm it wasn't damaged etc. etc.

Probably the most thorough delivery service I've ever experienced :p

Soldato
Got mine yesterday, it's rather glorious. I can't get over how thin it is either, took me about an hour just to get it unpacked because I was terrified of bending it!

Associate
Got mine Wednesday, fantastic picture!

how do you guys get 4k HDR content on Amazon prime to work?
Every film or 4k TV show I start on there only plays at 1080p, any idea guys?

Also can't seem to get HD sound from my blu ray player via ARC only DTS/DD, will be picking up a 4K player
with two HDMI ports to sort that though.

Soldato
Got mine Wednesday, fantastic picture!

how do you guys get 4k HDR content on Amazon prime to work?
Every film or 4k TV show I start on there only plays at 1080p, any idea guys?

Also can't seem to get HD sound from my blu ray player via ARC only DTS/DD, will be picking up a 4K player
with two HDMI ports to sort that though.

Amazon separate their hd and ultra hd and make it real hard to find. It is annoying but the 4K versions are separate “shows.” The HD shows don’t automatically go 4K like on Netflix. You’re gonna have to search for it or scroll way down.

Associate
Amazon separate their hd and ultra hd and make it real hard to find. It is annoying but the 4K versions are separate “shows.” The HD shows don’t automatically go 4K like on Netflix. You’re gonna have to search for it or scroll way down.
Thanks!
I have been putting 4k or HDR into the search box and all I get is HD 1080p.

Soldato
Got mine yesterday, it's rather glorious. I can't get over how thin it is either, took me about an hour just to get it unpacked because I was terrified of bending it!

Oh god yeah, I hated unpacking mine the other week. I didn't find the picture instructions that helpful, I ended up lying it flat on the floor before realising the reason they had said to lay it on the box is that you can't get the stand on unless its on something raised. Anyway, somehow I seem to have managed it all without breaking it! :)

Soldato
I got a 55" B7 today from Richer Sounds. I've tried the 4k HLG demo on BBC and found some 4k HDR footage on Youtube and my word does it all look stunning. It blows my previous Samsung JS9000 out of the water. I'd like to get a UHD blu-ray player at some point but at the moment I think 4k blu-rays are unreasonably expensive. I normally only watch films once or twice, so £24.99 seems pretty steep. That's over half the price of a PS4 game and those have more replay and sell-on value. For now 4k streaming through Netflix and Amazon Prime will do.

Speaking of prime, and as others have said, their 4k content is very randomly organised and difficult to find. I was trying to find a 4k version of the Grand Tour to play but it just kept on coming up with the regular 1080p version.

Soldato
Speaking of prime, and as others have said, their 4k content is very randomly organised and difficult to find. I was trying to find a 4k version of the Grand Tour to play but it just kept on coming up with the regular 1080p version.

If you go into the TV menu at the top and then scroll down, you'll find a sub menu containing the 4k content. :)

Soldato
Oh god yeah, I hated unpacking mine the other week. I didn't find the picture instructions that helpful, I ended up lying it flat on the floor before realising the reason they had said to lay it on the box is that you can't get the stand on unless its on something raised. Anyway, somehow I seem to have managed it all without breaking it! :)

I had about 30 seconds of absolute dread when I got mine out the box and saw marks all over the screen...until I realised the entire thing comes covered in protective film. Phew!

Back
Top Bottom