Pro Cycling Discussion 2018

Soldato
It’s another big mountain stage tomorrow. The way Dumoulin was pushing the front of the last 10km today I would be surprised if he had the legs tomorrow.

Soldato
My favourite was how Bernal got burst sitting 2nd wheel to Kwiat who done at least 3000000km up mountain on the front solo at silly watts.

Everyone was busting the moves except Quintana who just wanted to ride alongside and stare at everyone else.

Soldato
My favourite was how Bernal got burst sitting 2nd wheel to Kwiat who done at least 3000000km up mountain on the front solo at silly watts.

Everyone was busting the moves except Quintana who just wanted to ride alongside and stare at everyone else.

I love kwiato shots after his efforts where his legs are moving so slowly he may as well stop.

Associate
France.tv has shown the clip of Pierre Rolland winning on Alpe d'Huez about fifty times now. I reckon when today's winner crosses the line they'll cut to a clip of Rolland crossing the line. Nobody will notice, right? :p

Associate
I am glad thomas didnt lead froome out at the top. he may be team leader but he should be supporting thomas with that time gap.

what happened with nibali ??

Crashed with some crowd help.

I don't think Thomas will be in it towards the end of the race. Froome will be there though.

Soldato
Anyone else had just about enough of the french boos? Maybe they dont like the tour any more. Maybe it needs to be held in another country until they sort themselves out? Sky arent the problem in modern cycling, the french are.

They see Team Sky but what they think they see is the USPostal team. They are trapped in the past, those days are long gone. Team sponsored doping is gone. Yet they cling on to this paranoid image of anyone who achieves success, whipped up further by the likes of Hinault. People need to start believing in these performances, otherwise what is the point? Do they really want to live out their lives not believing in phenomenal sporting performances like this years giro? Because that's pretty sad.

Funny how Landa, Nievi, Boassan Hagan, Cav, Boswell, Swift, Porte....don't get any boos! They were all part of the machine once right??

Soldato
I saw a interview where a French woman was saying she didn’t think Froome was setting a good example for Children.

The problem is the French cycling media whip up hate and the French people suck it up and get brainwashed.

Associate
Anyone else had just about enough of the french boos? Maybe they dont like the tour any more. Maybe it needs to be held in another country until they sort themselves out? Sky arent the problem in modern cycling, the french are.

They see Team Sky but what they think they see is the USPostal team. They are trapped in the past, those days are long gone. Team sponsored doping is gone. Yet they cling on to this paranoid image of anyone who achieves success, whipped up further by the likes of Hinault. People need to start believing in these performances, otherwise what is the point? Do they really want to live out their lives not believing in phenomenal sporting performances like this years giro? Because that's pretty sad.

Funny how Landa, Nievi, Boassan Hagan, Cav, Boswell, Swift, Porte....don't get any boos! They were all part of the machine once right??

The cycling 'fans' are more toxic to the sport than US Postal ever were, drowning in a sea of their own bitter tears. "Why, oh why isn't my favourite team winning? Why is my favourite rider such a loser? Oh those naughty Sky winners, ruining my hopes and dreams. A bunch of cheaters with their exceptional work ethic, riding ability and team tactics"

Meanwhile over at Movistar..three team leaders, Valverde trying to do the breakaway thing and failing to reach the front. Gets caught and then immediately dropped by the Peleton and watches teammate Quintana go by while slowing to a crawl. About as organised as the proverbial drinking session in a Brewery!

Soldato
The cycling 'fans' are more toxic to the sport than US Postal ever were, drowning in a sea of their own bitter tears. "Why, oh why isn't my favourite team winning? Why is my favourite rider such a loser? Oh those naughty Sky winners, ruining my hopes and dreams. A bunch of cheaters with their exceptional work ethic, riding ability and team tactics"

Meanwhile over at Movistar..three team leaders, Valverde trying to do the breakaway thing and failing to reach the front. Gets caught and then immediately dropped by the Peleton and watches teammate Quintana go by while slowing to a crawl. About as organised as the proverbial drinking session in a Brewery!

You should try reading the comments section of Cycling News after a Sky win article, the amount of whining, teeth gnashing and pant wetting is hilarious.

Soldato

Can't help but agree. I wonder where they would be if they just marked Geraint? No silly attacks from the rest of the team, no Marc Soler getting in breakaways...just serve a leader and mark the attacks. I bet they'd be a lot closer than they are. Instead, they just have free spirit Landa bobbing about. (Disclaimer, I may eat my words if Sky blow up....but y'know...)

Associate
32 years since a French winner is really irritating them. I really hope Thomas and Froome stay 1 and 2 for the next 2 weeks just to **** them off even more! Hopefully they can use the booing in a positive way.

Back
Top Bottom