Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
It’s a top spec “limited edition” GTC “not counting the VXR” with extras like on star sat nav etc I think and more power than a standard new Astra. It looks better aswell. Would rather have one of them than a new 5 door Astra it just looks better and I presuming has more gadgets on it.

It has all the options that were available and the 200bhp engine. I traded it for a brand new 5 door Astra Elite Turbo as I felt I needed something more sensible but tbh regretted it. The new Astra K is not as nice and tbh the build quality was not that great especially panel fit. The GTC is a much better built car even being built in Poland. Vauxhall removed too much from the K’s to bring down the cost and it showed.

The new Astra started having bad LSPI (Low speed pre ignition) it basically sounded like a load of firecrackers going off under the car under acceleration. Vauxhall technical said it is not right and we’re taking ages working out what to do so I used my right to a refund under the consumer rights.

Tbh I was not expecting to get my GTC back as it had been sold but failed finance for the buyer meant I could have it back and I’m glad I really do love this car and will be keeping it and trading the Wife’s car instead....

Man of Honour
It has all the options that were available and the 200bhp engine. I traded it for a brand new 5 door Astra Elite Turbo as I felt I needed something more sensible but tbh regretted it. The new Astra K is not as nice and tbh the build quality was not that great especially panel fit. The GTC is a much better built car even being built in Poland. Vauxhall removed too much from the K’s to bring down the cost and it showed.

The new Astra started having bad LSPI (Low speed pre ignition) it basically sounded like a load of firecrackers going off under the car under acceleration. Vauxhall technical said it is not right and we’re taking ages working out what to do so I used my right to a refund under the consumer rights.

Tbh I was not expecting to get my GTC back as it had been sold but failed finance for the buyer meant I could have it back and I’m glad I really do love this car and will be keeping it and trading the Wife’s car instead....

Looks like that's a common issue on the 1.4T in the Astra K. Out of curiosity what fuel were you using?

Soldato
Looks like that's a common issue on the 1.4T in the Astra K. Out of curiosity what fuel were you using?

Shell standard unleaded. There was a software update that was done as well as changing the oil to Dexos 1 Gen 2 which is meant to fix the lspi issue. In my case it just made it worse. I did read about quite a few cars having similar issues and needing engine replacements at 5k miles. This was one of the reasons I decided to go for the refund option especially as the car was brand new.

Soldato
The 1.6T SIDI engine is a great engine. One of GM’s better efforts. Shame they went with a dual mass flywheel setup on the K and lost the balancer shafts. More Vauxhall cost cutting....lol..

Last edited:
Soldato
Only just saw the pics, I much prefer the look of that GTC over the new Astra, just looks boring and bland.....like most VWs, Vauxhall Golf.....VW Astra....Can't tell the difference anymore booooooooring. *Places on flamejacket*

Soldato
Gtc did not last long. Just not practical so traded it in for this. Engine in this one works like a charm so far... lol.. New plates on order as they are wonky....

33fdo5j.jpg

efh4sy.jpg

I did consider this one but being a saloon it’s just no good for the dog..... lol...

1zokgm8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom