*** Amazon Prime Day 2018 - Read the Rules About Competitors ***

Soldato
Will let you know. My current doorbell like many UK is only 8V, so probably going to plead with a qualified spark at work to sort it for me. Something I could do but would rather someone I trust who owes me a favour to open up the CU :p

I took the jump myself - Got the Pro :D

I have no idea what to expect as I'm (hopefully) moving in on Friday, so don't have a clue what sort of wiring is down there :p

Fortunately, the fuse box is right next to the front door, so if I need to do a little re-jigging it should be fine :p

Associate
Didn't get anything myself, though almost had a spur of the moment spend on the Sony A7 deal they had going, managed to hold off though :D

Was tempted to get the Miele C3 Cat and Dog but it was only the 900w version rather than the 1200w version they have available.

Get the CX1 Cat and Dog - Picked one up recently as our Henry wasn't picking up pet hair, it's incredible!

Associate
Didn't get anything myself, though almost had a spur of the moment spend on the Sony A7 deal they had going, managed to hold off though :D

Get the CX1 Cat and Dog - Picked one up recently as our Henry wasn't picking up pet hair, it's incredible!

Thanks for the recommendation - will take a look at it now!

Soldato
I bought a couple of bottles of Southern Comfort in the Prime Day sales - They were out of stock at the time, but they have it down for delivery in early August.

However, I just checked and they now have stock :confused: Why do I still need to wait until August to get my booze? :p

Soldato
Ended up buying the Sony Rx100 M4 in the end. Cost £384 after the discount, debate, and £15 extra student discount. Seems like a damn good price!

Not 100% sold on it, but for that price it was too good not to go for. I'll give it a thorough test once it's here and see if I'll keep it.

Haven't got a camera other than my iPhone, but would like one I can throw in my bag and have with me day to day, without having quite the size/weight of a CSC or SLR.

Only concern is if the jump in image quality to a proper mirror less would be worth the extra size or not. Shall play and learn!

Soldato
Did anyone else’s next day delivery get pushed back till tomorrow?

I got two items yesterday, but another item that was due yesterday is now due for delivery today.

Delivery with Amazon is such a mixed bag - Sometimes it'll be super fast, others it will be delayed by a day or so - Sometimes they'll deliver to my office at 8PM, so they have to re-attempt delivery the next day.

Wish they would just use a proper courier service, but they're trying to cut costs I guess...

Caporegime
I got two items yesterday, but another item that was due yesterday is now due for delivery today.

Delivery with Amazon is such a mixed bag - Sometimes it'll be super fast, others it will be delayed by a day or so - Sometimes they'll deliver to my office at 8PM, so they have to re-attempt delivery the next day.

Wish they would just use a proper courier service, but they're trying to cut costs I guess...
I’m sure it has something to do with the amount of orders due to prime day. In their defence, this is the first time they’ve ever missed next day delivery for me.

Soldato
I’m sure it has something to do with the amount of orders due to prime day. In their defence, this is the first time they’ve ever missed next day delivery for me.

The delivery "up to 9PM" is the thing that annoys me the most - I just wish I could state that our offices close at 5PM, and so they need to be there before that time. But I guess then that opens it up to abuse :p

Soldato

They use to use Royal Mail for all their parcels, but when Prime, Black Friday, Christmas came around, the likes of Royal mail were unable to cope with the massive increase in parcels from Amazon, so this is in part why Amazon Logistics was created, which does include things like Prime Air, moving inventory around, and last mile deliveries.

Where the is not a delivery station in the area often will use RM, DPD and the like

Kimbie

Soldato
Loving the Fire HD dongle.

Give it a good go over and it does everything that I need.

Set it up with my prime account, Netflix, Disney life and sideloaded Kodi onto it then place it in the bedroom.

Have the shield for my main setup but was very pleasantly surprised with the FireHD

Associate
Bought Yi 1080p security camera for the house and an sd card for it for £38. Camera is coming today but card has been delayed until tomorrow, strangely.

Back
Top Bottom