• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Permabanned
28aa94ce9e534039.jpg

Seen this on my Polish forums.

Soldato
So temp limit is 83 degrees and power limit 100% and no overclock and showing no voltage. Seems like stock but its running at 42 degrees which i can only assume is after the bench so under water? because only the FE cooler would be on this and running at 42 degrees seems cool after a bench.

Soldato
yep... zeed came up trumps, thanks for that :)

My sensible head was saying "wait for the Ti!" but if that 1170 is legit, and assuming the 1180 is 20-30% quicker again there is no chance i am waiting another 9-12 months.

Caporegime
Has it not been said that it is **** easy to fake those benchmarks i.e. just changing the hardware info such as name + clocks through config files or something?

Associate
Has it not been said that it is **** easy to fake those benchmarks i.e. just changing the hardware info such as name + clocks through config files or something?

It's very easy to change the name and maybe clocks, if you play around with the gpu bios. But i'm not sure about the ram size. But this pic is so bad quality. He could've made a screenshot, faked it with photoshop and then made a bad quality picture, so that people don't see the fake. I don't believe in a 16Gb 1170, so i think it's fake. Only 1180 might come with 16 GB Ram.

bru

bru

Soldato
Call me cynical but I'd have to agree. It's a lot of faff to take a phone picture for upload when you can just hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard...

Probably right, but surely if you gonna fake a screen shot, you would do just that, not take a photo of it.
I have no idea how fast that is showing us the 1170 supposedly is, as I cannot find a similar 1080ti run. Obviously if it is 100% faster then that would certainly mean its nonsense, but if only just, then maybe.

16GB seems a bit OTT, and probably expensive, not surprised at the supposed 2.5 GHz though.

But yes it is probably fake.

Soldato
Probably right, but surely if you gonna fake a screen shot, you would do just that, not take a photo of it.

Well, on this related tangent, Window's ClearType on text is actually quite tricky to duplicate in Photoshop, as would text displays on benchmarking UIs (the antialiasing algorithm and resulting colour compositing against backgrounds essentially). So if you were going to fake it, you'd grab a load of screens and get your text rendering in Photoshop to be just close enough and then take a bad phone picture so your monitor's pixel grid and refresh rate dirties the picture, thus conceiling any flaws in your Photoshop work.

I also don't buy 16GB on a midrange card.

Back
Top Bottom