MusicBee What a pain

Associate
Afternoon all not sure if many on this forum use MusicBee thought id give it a go and set it up never really used it jesus how hard is it to setup for newbies to many options don't get me wrong it looks nice by looking at people who have set there's up but do you need some sort of a degree in setting this thing up LMAO

Soldato
I never found it particularly difficult to set up and once it's done that's it, you can change skins and the layout stays how you like it, which is more than can be said for Foobar :D

Soldato
Been quite a while since I used musicbee. I seem to remember you get an album and track structure once you point out in the direction of your library. With foobar, you just get a blank window and pointing it to your library, just ends up with one long list of tracks, until you configure the structure of albums and track columns to how you want them; which isn't straight forward until you know what you're doing.

Looks basic compared to musicbee, but I really like the plain simplicity of it. Adding new artists, albums or songs is detected instantly without the need to rescan the whole library.

Associate
OP
I really like the look of MusicBee but i don't think its a newbie type of application to what ive seen it looks really good i have Mixes off friends which you cannot get artwork exc off the net so i would like to add my own artwork exc which im having issues with lol like the artist is unknown and i dont know how to change it lolol

Soldato
There are several MusicBee videos on YT but I never used any, I just worked it out for myself. I can't be of more help because I no longer use it, I moved to JRiver MediaCentre

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I actually found MusicBee easier to set up than Foobar. More logical for the way I do things.

MusicBee.jpg

V_R

V_R

Soldato
What skin is that mrk? Looks good. :)

I've been using Music Bee for ages, not changed my layout for a long, long time.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I think it's the default skin, I set it up ages ago and just left it be as I was happy with that config lol.

I'll check when I get home!

Back
Top Bottom