No Man’s Sky Next

Associate
looking forward to this update next week! Particularly excited to see how improved the worlds are. Bought the game a year ago due to the Atlas Rises update and enjoyed it for about 40 hours but then just got really bored as all the planets were much of a muchness and got boring once the novelty wore off.

Hopefully this will really flesh out the game and it’s a perfect match for hdr with the colour palette used. Really nice game for taking screenshots.

Soldato
The entire game is ridiculously boring. Every time I load it up and within about 30 seconds I’m totally done with the incessant mining and not actually doing ANYTHING.

Soldato
Same as OP I gave it a chance for atlas update and didn't hate it but it felt limited still.

Picked it up recently on ps4 as I saw it for £5 and heard this update was coming. Not tried it yet so will do when it goes live :)

Soldato
Not played it for ages on PS4, not played any of the big updates at all, might give it a go when this update is out.

I remember finding the inventory layout and organising annoying and the constant need to replenish certain items when roaming planets just to survive, has any of this been improved or toned down in recent updates?

Also the exact same buildings on every planet, is there a little more variety between structures.

Soldato
Tempted to pick this up just to see what it's like. What do you actually do, is there a story structure to it or missions to do?
So can't speak too much to it but I'm pretty sure the Atlas update last year added just that. A sort of base story line to guide you through the game with objectives and stuff like that. Not sure how well it pans out but it got me going at least. Think they claimed that part to be like 30 hours Long, again not too sure

Soldato
I'm really looking forward to playing this again now, I just looked at all the previous updates and I've not played the game at all with any of the major updates.

Wonder how mp is implemented, will it be so you can randomly meet someone in the universe or a new mode altogether where you play as a team, personally just want to relax and play on my own and maybe have a chance of an encounter with a random.

Soldato
I'm really looking forward to playing this again now, I just looked at all the previous updates and I've not played the game at all with any of the major updates.

Wonder how mp is implemented, will it be so you can randomly meet someone in the universe or a new mode altogether where you play as a team, personally just want to relax and play on my own and maybe have a chance of an encounter with a random.

Hopefully that's the case, I don't think you can kill eachother etc so that's fine but maybe there's options for all that. I don't think it will be on the scale of something like elite, maybe just come across the odd player or may be it's invite only for friends etc

Soldato
I was gutted I couldn't play this when it was originally released, although there were obvious let downs when it launched. It looks like the game has improved massively since then so now seems like a great time to get involved with the release on Xbox.

I hope I don't get bored of it quickly, but I've managed to buy it from the Argentina Xbox store for £13 rather than £39.99 so I'm sure I'll get value out of it .

That Jurrasic Park video above is hilarious! :D

Soldato
When is this due to go live?

I've really enjoyed this game from release, have dipped in and out with it a few times now.

Certainly doesn't deserve all the hate, in my opinion.

Associate
OP
Fir those getting this on XboneX you’re in for a visual treat at least if nothing else. Native 4K I believe and it looks really good on the pro so it’ll be a visual feast. For those with a decent hdr tv this a great showcase game too.

Soldato
I've always enjoyed dipping into the game, sunk plenty of hours into it, looking forward to the update.

If you followed the development at all you wouldn't have been disappointed. A good lesson in not letting your lead programmer run PR though...

Soldato
Reckon I'm going to pick this up tomorrow as I've never played it before and have always been keen to see how it actually is given the PR storm it caused at the time and still whips up to this day!

Amazing to think it's been 2 years since it's release!

Back
Top Bottom