Gaming Kickstarters

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Villagers is worth a look. Only 7 days left at time of posting.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sinisterfish/villagers-card-drafting-and-village-building-for-1

Already successful with £265,542 pledged of £7,660 goal.
It has already unlocked a whole host of stretch goals to give shiny things to backers.

eFlcDqK.png

I played it at UKGE at the art style is lovely, it plays nicely, it works for one player up to five. Just a nice casual deck building game with more strategy the more I look.
I really like the art style of this. It also looks like something we would really enjoy. It is available as a late pledge so going to grab it for £30 with the wooden box and tokens which can be useful for other games too in the future.

Also nice to see and support a UK publisher. Finally we are the ones who get free delivery when backing on Kickstarter :D

Last edited:
Associate
So I stuck with my Villagers and Doomsday Bots pledges but cancelled my Escape the Dark Castle. Going to be moving house soon so decided to save a bit of cash, but of course now I have my eye on Snowdonia & Dawn of the Zeds. Send help!!

Soldato
I haven't played Snowdonia but I know Tony Boydell of old. He's well regarded as a designer now. Zombie Kickstarter #30000 can do one, though.

My Doomtown pledge arrived yesterday, and I found out I'd ordered dupes of two saddlebags I owned while not ordering one I didn't. The latter was sorted with a quick trip to Amazon, the former is *sigh* there goes my money.

Associate
Trunderstone Quest is back on Kickstarter. Missed the last one, so picked up this time round. Bit on the expensive side, but i am pretty sure I will get my money’s worth :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alderac/thunderstone-quest-back-to-the-dungeon-from-aeg

Looks very interesting.

The problem is I have justed late pledged for 7th Continent, so not sure if i can justify dropping another £150 on a board game. I doubt I could get the massive box passed the wife as well.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Looks very interesting.

The problem is I have justed late pledged for 7th Continent, so not sure if i can justify dropping another £150 on a board game. I doubt I could get the massive box passed the wife as well.
I never thought I would spend so much money on a board game, but this one really looks like it will be fun. If for some reason we do not enjoy it, I can probably sell it for the price I paid for it. The great thing about such board games is that they get replayed so many times over the years, that even if expensive, they still work out value for money.

We are currently playing Aeon's End War Eternal with both it's expansions and getting ready for Aeon's End Legacy which I backed. Once we have played each Nemesis a few times, I may sell that to part fund this.

7th Continent looks interesting, but I am waiting for Gloomhaven to be honest. That will be my next expensive board game once it hit's kickstarter again soon hopefully.

Soldato
7th Continent is a waste of money. £150 for something with no more game than a Choose Your Own Adventure book.

The Kickstarter for Escape Plan from Eagle Gryphon Games and Vital Lacerda launches this week. It's a game about a gang of thieves trying to escape a city with the largest share of their loot. It looks to be on the same level as The Gallerist, which is one of my favourite games ever. Detailed rules breakdown on YouTube now if you're interested.

Associate
Ended up going for the Binding of Isaac card game, shall let you know how it goes when it arrives, got a baby (nearly) crawling around the house so I doubt I'll actually get a chance to play any time soon.

Soldato
The Kickstarter for Escape Plan from Eagle Gryphon Games and Vital Lacerda launches this week. It's a game about a gang of thieves trying to escape a city with the largest share of their loot. It looks to be on the same level as The Gallerist, which is one of my favourite games ever. Detailed rules breakdown on YouTube now if you're interested.

Thanks for posting about this, just checked it out and having a read around. I watched the Gaming Rules video too. Seems like a lot of setup and rules but could be a fun game. Tempting.

Back
Top Bottom