Moving from one Android phone to a new one - Apps and data transfer?

Soldato
So if I move from a Samsung to say a Moto G5, can I use the android options to move basically as much of my phone over as possible? Most importantly apps and their data?

Associate
Should be fine providing you make sure Google account is backed up and synced to the Google Servers.
It worked for my.Mrs from a moto g4 to a S6 a d from a Vodafone SU6 to an LG G6 for me.

It may conflict if you use the Samsung account and apps so it may be worth copying all photos, documents and media to your PC first. Once that's done and backup is synced and up to date you log in with your Google account and let it download and update all apps and data.

Some apps like Fallout Shelter (game) require you to upload your save file via the in-game option to play on say your android tablet.

Soldato
OP
If you just want to transfer apps and other data like contacts,sms,music,photos,videos,books,call logs from your Samsung to a Moto G5, I think the easy way is using phone transfer program, if both of them are in your hands. You just need to connect them to computer via usb cables, start the phone transfer program. A short time scanning later, you can transfer data between them. Good luck to you!
By pure coincidence I ordered an S7 to replace by S4 yesterday :)

I'll be using the Samsung Smart Switch in the hop that does the job! Just ened to work out if I move the sim before or after the "Smart Switch"...

Soldato
OP
Yes, you are right. If they are both Samsung mobile phones, Samsung Smart Switch is great.
Any experience of using Smart Switch with phoned with SD card memory?

In my case: S4 8gb + 64gb --> S7 32gb + 128gb

Will Smart Move realise it can't fit stuff onto the internal memory of the phone and thus use the SD card?

Associate
your new phone should recommend the software if youre moving to a different brand when you set it up for the first time. Usually pretty painless.

Soldato
OP
your new phone should recommend the software if youre moving to a different brand when you set it up for the first time. Usually pretty painless.
In the end I did it manually as the Samsung Sync was just going to take fooooooreeeeeevvvveeer to move my data over.

Back
Top Bottom