Cheapest build you can make

Associate
If I was doing a very budget build right now, I’d go for a 780 Ti for around £100, I’ve seen FX-8350 + motherboard + RAM bundles go for around £120, that’d make a fair start.

Soldato
To be honest im having more game time on my ps4 in 6 months than i did on my pc in the last 5 years.

Just racked up 65 hours on assassins creed origins,got 70+ hours on horizon zero dawn.

Soldato
To be honest im having more game time on my ps4 in 6 months than i did on my pc in the last 5 years.

Just racked up 65 hours on assassins creed origins,got 70+ hours on horizon zero dawn.

Crikey! I did the exact opposite a few years back, switched over to PC. Sofa gaming is a pleasant change I use my Steam Link for, but generally I just love sitting in a decent chair at my desk and gaming away. I tend to watch movies on it rather than the big tv!

Nice thing about a PlayStation (with a big drive and no cds!) is the move to a more pc like system of browsing your library and picking a game, without worrying about drivers, settings or any software at all. If you add to that a super tight budget then a console just makes sense. It’s not for me, but I get the appeal.

Just goes to show different strokes for different folks. All this ‘MINE is better’ nonsense baffles me.

Once upon a time you could get a decent new machine on a tight budget and have a good experience. These days it’s very difficult even second hand, depending of course on what you consider good.

I think buying cheap, especially for graphics cards, is a false economy anyway. My 980 still smashes 1080p/1200p and my 4790K will be with me for years still, especially now that intel has entered the core count race. I’ll only upgrade my graphics card when I get a new monitor, and that won’t be until UW, FALD, HDR600, G-Sync, 1440p and high refresh rate can all be had for under £1500.

Aaaaaand I’m done waffling.

Soldato
OP
He has sold his Xbox, wants a pc just for fortnight, only looking for case, mb, CPU,gpu, ram and PSU.

Was thinking 2200g and 8gb ?

Associate
If you can deal with 2nd hand, that's the way I would go. old office machine with a 2nd gen or better i5 and throw in a 1050ti or something similar.

Soldato
No I have those already

If I wanted something modern that would last a couple of years and I could upgrade along the way when I had a bit more money, id go for a B350 or in a couple of weeks a B450 motherboard, 8gb of RAM and a RyZen APU, 2200G or 2400G depending on budget, you can always add a graphics card later, some more RAM and change the CPU all the same socket.

ASUS ROG Strix B350-F £106.99
AMD Ryzen 2400G with Vega Graphics £139.99
Team Vulcan T-Force 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 3000MHz Dual Channel £74.99

Total £332.47 with Vat and Shipping

Just ask overclockers nicely to update the bios of the board before sending it to make sure the board supports the APU.

Last edited:
Associate
If you’re open to used, a FX-8350 + MSI 970 gaming board just went on eBay for £77 just as an example of how ridiculously cheap they are these days... chuck £20 worth of DDR3 in there and a £100 780Ti and you’re well on your way to a complete sub £300 system that’ll chug away quite nicely at most modern games...

Back
Top Bottom