Microsoft Office

Soldato
Hi all

Just need you software tecchys to assist us :)

I got my missus a new laptop today, Nothing special but it doesn't come with Microsoft office... She only wants Microsoft word none of the other programs, Is there a way to get the one program as she says its £80 a year for the Microsoft office software and I'm not wanting to spend that on something that wont get used.

The laptop comes with One Note, Can she use this and save the data to a USB then Print?

If not is there a cheaper or Free download we can get?

Man of Honour
Also check whether either of you employers run a Microsoft Home Use programme. For a nominal price (about £16 I think mine is) you can buy Office.

Soldato
For years I've used Libre Office as my Office alternative but last month moved myself onto "real" Office because it simply was always that, an alternative.

Some of the cheap keys you see are genuine in that they are bulk sold education keys meaning you can't activate office to your own microsoft account but they allow you access to Office 365 and to download Office and use it on your PC legitimately.

Soldato
For years I've used Libre Office as my Office alternative but last month moved myself onto "real" Office because it simply was always that, an alternative.

Some of the cheap keys you see are genuine in that they are bulk sold education keys meaning you can't activate office to your own microsoft account but they allow you access to Office 365 and to download Office and use it on your PC legitimately.

What crap you are talking. You are NOT installing Office legitimately in any way shape or form. Unless you purchased a legitimate licence that meets your current status from a legitimate source - then it's NOT legitimate.
You can tell yourself anything you like "Yer, I can install a bulk sold education licence even though I am not part of that education service" as much as you like, doesn't make it any truer.
Your legitimate options are:
Office Home &n Student (No Outlook) - Around £110
Office Home & Business (With Outlook) - Around £185
Office 365 Personal (Single device) - Around £50/year
Office 365 Home (Up to 5 devices) - Around £70/year
Your cheap keys are certainly not legit.

Soldato
What crap you are talking. You are NOT installing Office legitimately in any way shape or form. Unless you purchased a legitimate licence that meets your current status from a legitimate source - then it's NOT legitimate.
You can tell yourself anything you like "Yer, I can install a bulk sold education licence even though I am not part of that education service" as much as you like, doesn't make it any truer.
Your legitimate options are:
Office Home &n Student (No Outlook) - Around £110
Office Home & Business (With Outlook) - Around £185
Office 365 Personal (Single device) - Around £50/year
Office 365 Home (Up to 5 devices) - Around £70/year
Your cheap keys are certainly not legit.

Take a second, chill out, it's warm.

I'm a consumer having bought an item on a public website advertising a product as legitimate and from a certified partner.
It was sold with no caveats to personal position and it activated through Microsoft absolutely fine.
I would have expected it not to work if it was illegitimate? I mean it activates on MS own servers so there must be something somewhere which rubber stamps this as a genuine user account?

Test of time will be if it works in X months, if it does then great, if it doesn't then at least I know from first hand experience not to trust that kind of sale again and I won't have lost too much money.

Back
Top Bottom