**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Associate
You can via GoodLock from the Samsung store. You can also disable a range of other icons from the status bar too.

I've just installed good lock from the Samsung store and can't see anywhere to turn this off, could I trouble you to point me in the right direction please?

Associate
I've just installed good lock from the Samsung store and can't see anywhere to turn this off, could I trouble you to point me in the right direction please?

Sure no problem.

Launch Good Lock>open QuickStar>Simple Indicator (it will prompt you to download this) then you can turn items on and off from the status bar.

Associate
Brilliant, thank you, I hadn't spotted the extra app install that was needed and was just messing about with the good lock app on its own.

Edit - sadly this also turns off the wifi calling notification and as I need that for some parts of our office (so I like to see when I've turned it on) I have had to turn this app off.

Shame there isn't a more nuanced version of the app that allows you to turn off particular notification settings rather than an entire category.

Last edited:
Associate
Picked an s9 up today what's the best cases to put on these?

If you like wallet style cases then you can't go wrong with the official Samsung clear view. Not cheap but I had one previously on my s8 which I loved so got one again for a recently purchased s9 and if anything they have improved the design.

Soldato
I can't decide whether to get one of these or not.

The main attraction is the hybrid SIM slot so I can ditch my work phone but does it work well and does running two Sims kill the battery?

Associate
Picked an s9 up today what's the best cases to put on these?

On Matt100's recommendation :D I recently bought a Gear4 Battersea with 'D30'. Supposed to offer good protection should the phone be dropped. Affords extra grip to the Galaxy and not too bulky. Isn't a cheapie at £25 from Carphone Warehouse. Nothing special but gets the job done and is tidy enough.

Soldato
On Matt100's recommendation :D I recently bought a Gear4 Battersea with 'D30'. Supposed to offer good protection should the phone be dropped. Affords extra grip to the Galaxy and not too bulky. Isn't a cheapie at £25 from Carphone Warehouse. Nothing special but gets the job done and is tidy enough.

The guy at CPW demonstrated that case to me by bouncing his personal S9 off the floor. I went looking for it cheaper elsewhere but without success.

Associate
I can't decide whether to get one of these or not.

The main attraction is the hybrid SIM slot so I can ditch my work phone but does it work well and does running two Sims kill the battery?

Works wonderfully and from the reviews doesn't kill battery.

You can set which aim.it uses for calls, SMS and data or be prompted for each call/text. It even allows 4G for each SIM.

I have a new isn't Hybrid for sale in the market section.

Associate
The guy at CPW demonstrated that case to me by bouncing his personal S9 off the floor. I went looking for it cheaper elsewhere but without success.

Yes, fella whilst trying to sell me a Gear4 case for my then new S9+ pulled his phone out and started banging the edge of it on the edge of counter. Used more force than I would have dared. He had an S9+ too. Then showed me a vid of one of them 'bowling' a phone in a Gear4 case at one of his mates who then hit it away with a stool. Couldn't believe it - the stool never broke :p

Didn't buy one at the time as looked expensive and had one for a while on an S7 and didn't really like it. It seemed to drag whenever I got phone out of pocket or then put it back. Got a Gear4 Battersea recently as wasn't convinced the Ringke and Spigen I was using offered much protection as well as Matt100 said they were cheap and rubbish :eek:. The Gear4 doesn't seem as tacky in pocket and offers good edge protection. The edges of the case have raised edge top and bottom and side edges left and right come up slightly further than the Ringke or Spigen I had. Doesn't interfere with use of edge screen but may protect edge in a drop. Seems fine with the Dome Glass screen protector too.

Soldato
Bit of a long shot here, just bought one of these fm transmitter things for the car and my S9+ isn't detecting it through bluetooth. Every other device sees it no problem and the bluetooth on the S9+ works with everything else I've tried. Anything obvious I'm missing?

Caporegime
Anyone noticed you can't skip through a video using the YouTube app anymore?

Well you sort of can, you now have to hold the little circle and move it left and right. You used to be able to just tap the video along.

Soldato
Anyone noticed you can't skip through a video using the YouTube app anymore?

Well you sort of can, you now have to hold the little circle and move it left and right. You used to be able to just tap the video along.
Yep, makes no sense. Google are losing the plot regarding YT. They're copying IOS too much now and this is perhaps one of their dumbest decisions. I'm already moving to YouTube Vanced because I'm sick of a million daily updates to the YT app alone.

Associate
Yep, makes no sense. Google are losing the plot regarding YT. They're copying IOS too much now and this is perhaps one of their dumbest decisions. I'm already moving to YouTube Vanced because I'm sick of a million daily updates to the YT app alone.

Yup, YT Vanced is the way forward.

Why Google feel the need to copy iOS I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom