Easiest way to create a sports team website

Caporegime
whats the easiest way for a complete novice to build a website for a sports team?

I’ve been tasked with setting up a website for my pool team. It will be a basic site with pages like schedule, results, squad, league table.

Is there an idiot proof way of setting this all up and maintaining it for minimal cost?

Soldato
Easiest way would be to use a website builder, something like WIX or squarespace or lots of hosting companies have their own version (1and1, godaddy, etc).
Very much idiot-proof.

You'd be looking at a few quid each month for hosting and maybe a £10-£30 upfront cost for the domain name.

Soldato
Sorry to hi-jack your thread rob but I'm also wanting to make my own basic site.

A few years ago (6 ish) I built a website using a idiot proof template thingy. It was totally free for the first year then £18 of the second. Do they still have free web building and hosting sites like this ?

How did you get on @robfoster

Soldato
Learn HTML and get some cheapo web hosting. It's not at all difficult.

No, that's not a suitable solution. It would take months to learn enough HTML, CSS, server-side language and database creation to even get a basic site working. He asked for the easiest way to do this.

Some form of CMS is required. Either using a packaged site builder (like WIX) or some ready to go CMS (like Wordpress) on his own hosting.

Permabanned
No, that's not a suitable solution. It would take months to learn enough HTML, CSS, server-side language and database creation to even get a basic site working. He asked for the easiest way to do this.

Some form of CMS is required. Either using a packaged site builder (like WIX) or some ready to go CMS (like Wordpress) on his own hosting.
BS. Basic HTML is learnable in a weekend and no database is required.

Soldato
BS. Basic HTML is learnable in a weekend and no database is required.

There's no way a novice is going to make anything near comparable with wordpress or WIX in a weekend.

Yes, it could be done in bare HTML with no javascript, php or database but it's a terrible idea to do that and there's absolutely no benefit to doing that at all.

Back
Top Bottom