Which MoHAA Clan did you play for?

Syx

Syx

Associate
Wow, can't believe this thread is still being posted in!

Was talking about hours played in games with some friends earlier today and it made me think of the thousands I must have spent in MoH:AA. Loved every minute! (Okay not every minute...) One Google search later and ended up here.

Played round based and the tdm when the rb league went dry on clanbase; was in {SmT} and then I think ToGe, reformed [SmT] and definitely some more... Always as "Cpl Syx" though!

I saw Quik posted earlier (years earlier!) - definitely remember him and jAm0; still good friends with a few of the other lads!

Absolutely amazing times tbh.

Associate
This has to be one of the most consistently bumped threads on the forum. :p

2007 > 2011 > 2014 > etc

Each time its a new poster who makes one post and leaves. :p

Here I am to do just that. Sorry :rolleyes:

I played heavily and competitively during 2002 to 2006 and competed in cmohl in clans AHF (All Hell Fire) and Devils, winning the premiership a few times. Usually played as 'SniperSnake' > 'Snake™' > 'Snak3' and then eventually 'Ophis' (but mainly when I tried my hand at modding and map building).

I noticed a few people annoyed that the results from ClanBase had been lost. The internet wayback machine might help you guys out! I found my old Devils clan: https://web.archive.org/web/20061028094314/http://www.cmohl.com/claninfo.php?id=1012 including a few past results etc.

There's loads of snapshots of Clan Base: https://web.archive.org/web/*/clanbase.com

One of my old maps I just found too (can't believe map raider still exists tbh):
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/4022

Associate
So I played a lot of mohaa back in the day, I played in the following few clans -=UKS=- [ST] {FAoC} and [KaS] . We mainly played freeze tag and I went by as StealthyJo, StealthyJoe, or Maj. StealthyJoe.

Associate
Gunna bump the thread again! :p

Absolutely loved mohaa, I'd agree it was probably the finest FPS ever.

Played for several years in many clans. Would be up for a revival for sure! :D:D

Appears there are a few servers still running :eek:

Caporegime
Wonder how much different this game would have been if they had managed to include prone? Initially it was going to be in the game, but the animations for it were only done for the garand, that went on the backburner and it was eventually released with no prone at all as it would have delayed the game another 2 or so months to get all the animations done.

A lot of stuff in the beta versions was very different from the final game, you can see some of that in this vid. Check out how the gun drops down when the character runs and how the head movement seems more detached from the body, that was changed due to clipping issues.

Associate
When gamespy shut down the in-game server browser stopped working.

Having a little look online it appears some servers are still running and you can join them directly through a web browser.

Yeah, luckily the GameSpy powered in game server browser had already started to become redundant before it shut down completely. Meaning it was still going strong without it via varies web based 3rd party server browsers... that, and the fact it was so popular with clans/tournaments.

Associate
If anyone is interested in playing this, you can easily download the MOHAA-revival that contains AA SH & BT all in 1 installation
including resolution fix and the in-game server scanner works. I only stumbled across this yesterday and the game works fine
Some may need to install the opengl.dll like i did, easy to find on YouTube if you get stuck

Here is the link http://mymohaa.tk/ (downloading this wouldn't be against T&Cs, as there is no longer any cdkey authentication for this game

I'm up for a few games, the servers up and running are OK, like freeze tag rifles only, but some UK based obj servers are still online!

Soldato
You can also download MOHAA here as well as the anti-cheat people are (were at least earlier this year) using. If you sign up there's a full folder download of MOHAA that's ready to go as soon as downloaded :)

https://mohaamac.com/

Caporegime
If anyone is interested in playing this, you can easily download the MOHAA-revival that contains AA SH & BT all in 1 installation
including resolution fix and the in-game server scanner works. I only stumbled across this yesterday and the game works fine
Some may need to install the opengl.dll like i did, easy to find on YouTube if you get stuck

Here is the link http://mymohaa.tk/ (downloading this wouldn't be against T&Cs, as there is no longer any cdkey authentication for this game

I'm up for a few games, the servers up and running are OK, like freeze tag rifles only, but some UK based obj servers are still online!

Stinking beavers (or something like that!) was my clan back in the day.

Glad to see a revival link - downloading now! :)

Associate
I installed the MOHAA revival thinking I would play a game once in a blue moon,

Turns out i've been getting a few games everyday since! there isn't many decent servers left,
In fact, there is absolutely no team objective servers that solely run the main obj maps or the
legendary custom maps like st lo, st renan or lolv2

Would people be interested in getting a few games at some stage? would be nice to play some
team obj on V2, the hunt or the bridge that doesn't involve freeze-tag

Associate

Turns out i've been getting a few games everyday since! there isn't many decent servers left,
In fact, there is absolutely no team objective servers that solely run the main obj maps or the

Would people be interested in getting a few games at some stage? would be nice to play some
yes...just say the word

Soldato

If you are into Obj Realism, there was a server (AFAIK still going) from the clan WoV that rotates custom maps on a Friday or something I think.

Edit: still going - 109.169.42.83:12203

Back
Top Bottom