The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Caporegime
Raymond,

which 85mm do you think is best the Sony or Canon ?

Which 85mm do you mean?

Arguably the best one would be the Sigma 85/1.4, it is the best overall package between sharpest, focus speed and price.

If I were to get one, I might opt for the Canon 85/1,4 though, for the IS in the Canon body would be great and it's also the smaller of the 2. The Canon 85/1.2 is amazing but it's hard(er) work to get the same shot plus it is very prone to CA.

Soldato
lovely shots Ray. With that first one, do you just get the groom to hold a speedlight and point it up at the umbrella? What sort of flash power do you use? Also, were you lighting the rest of the house or is that just done through upward pointed lights that were already there? :)

Caporegime
lovely shots Ray. With that first one, do you just get the groom to hold a speedlight and point it up at the umbrella? What sort of flash power do you use? Also, were you lighting the rest of the house or is that just done through upward pointed lights that were already there? :)

He did, I normally ask one of them to, whichever not holding the umbrella.

I normally start off with the lowest setting as a test shot, if that is still too much power then you close down the aperture. Keep the shutter speed under a couple of seconds because there is often a little body movement so you can't do a 30s exposure. And up the ISO if you need more ambient light.

Soldato
Got this coming Friday-- Gitzo Century Traveller Camera Messenger Bag.

Just a smaller bag for the quick jaunts out with something a bit smarter.

Will post some pictures Friday.

Back
Top Bottom