Sim racers - what are you running?

Soldato
Currently running :
Fanatec CSW v2.5
Fanatec CSP v1
GT Omega Pro cockpit

There's nothing wrong with a G27 to be honest, won me a private league championship back in 2015 on iRacing. I was probably the third owner that G27 which was purchased off the members market here. Upgraded to the Fanatec CSW with the prize money. It's smoother, has more power to the force feedback so the immersion is better, prices are much higher now though. Only real downside to the Logitech is they're a bit rattly.

Associate
Never actually posted what I'm running, so here it is with the evolution/slippery slope of spending...

Started with a DFGT and a basic office chair which lasted 3 months before the G27 went on sale (2012), soon after I got the playseat office chair which was a useful little addition.
All good until 2015 when I moved house, got a mancave and found a great deal on gumtree, upgraded to a GT Omega Pro with a T500RS with Pro pedals and TH8a shifter (all in was £350 plus fuel for a round trip to Sheffield for pickup, bargain and almost brand new).
Early 2016 my wife went away with the kids, and as I was only running a single 24" monitor I thought, lets get the 42" TV and see what that's like...lovely. Then well actually, there are 2 32" TV's in the games room upstairs, let's try that...oooh now width is much better...to sum up by the time wifey got home the triple 24" monitors and desk mount had been ordered. She says it was one of her most expensive weekends away and she didn't spend much lol.
November 2016 I bought 4 transponders/2 lepy amps and SimCom software in black friday deals
March 2017 I found a Rift on gumtree and thought if I didn't like it I could always sell it on and not lose much, best thing I ever bought for sim racing, just epic

...that's where I am now, still have the triples but seriously thinking of getting rid and just having one larger monitor. I haven't actually sold any of the stuff I upgraded from so it's all still here. (plus a G29 which I didn't really need).

I have a couple of kickstarters in progress, Pimax 8k and Feel VR. I also have the green light from the spending committee on a Prosimu T1000 3DOF when all the jobs on the house are finished. So that'll be 2020 at the earliest...I've spent quite a bit on this hobby, but I don't drink all that much, don't smoke and other than the odd takeaway I don't treat myself to much.

Soldato
7j61Mrm
64PX0Ipl.jpg Dvv4Q0ul.jpg 1oRgI8ll.jpg
New quick release for my osw and my diy wind simulator.

Soldato
Have any of you used the Thrustmaster F1 rim?

I'm considering buying one to use on GT3 cars in AC, etc... I'll keep my current F599XX rim for rally / street car driving.

But I'm also considering going for the TS-PC Racer due to the rim as well ( and the slightly better ffb isn't a bad thing either )

I could at least sell my T300 base + unused T3PA pedals to offset the cost, since the TS-PC hasn't come down much in price since release.

Obviously I'd love to go OSW, but at £1000+ inc 3rd party wheel+button box, going by what I've found anyway, it's out of my budget.

Soldato
Have any of you used the Thrustmaster F1 rim?

I'm considering buying one to use on GT3 cars in AC, etc... I'll keep my current F599XX rim for rally / street car driving.

But I'm also considering going for the TS-PC Racer due to the rim as well ( and the slightly better ffb isn't a bad thing either )

I could at least sell my T300 base + unused T3PA pedals to offset the cost, since the TS-PC hasn't come down much in price since release.

Obviously I'd love to go OSW, but at £1000+ inc 3rd party wheel+button box, going by what I've found anyway, it's out of my budget.

make one, few designs on Thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1513508

Soldato
Never considered that tbh hyperseven. Not sure I have the soldering skills to pull it off.

Wasn't aware there's so many 3d printed mods, button boxes and full wheels that are available to DIY. Wild.

Soldato
Just came across 3DRap after seeing their G29 shifter mod reviewed on SRG, and the DTM / GT rim is very tempting.

So is the DTM / GT conversion kit for the Thrustmaster GTE / 599XX rims.

The latter plus the 7Nm wheel from Sim-Plicity would come in at around £620.

Associate
Is the sim-plicity SW7C+ just the 7nm plus their software? That would make it £90 for their software. As it's just a Mige motor can it run with any software package?

Edit: Ignore me it's the higher bit rate encoder...

Back
Top Bottom