Summer Transfer Thread 2018

Don
So Richarlison has arrived at Everton for his medical.

Absolutely ridiculous fee. £50m for him is just bizarre, even in this day and age. The man has been in the premier league for one year and scored five goals in 43 appearances.

Doesn’t make sense to me.

Well they're paying for the potential, he did look very good at the start of the season under Silva then tailed off. He's still 21 so if he scored 15 odd goals this season I'm sure under the grand scheme of things it will be the standard you spend nowadays.

Man of Honour
Seems like Maguire is the only player we're interested in (for £50m~).

He'd be fine next to Bailly, but everything seems alarmingly quiet on the transfer front. Fred is going to have to be an absolute beast or we're not going to better last season.

Soldato

He'd be fine next to Bailly, but everything seems alarmingly quiet on the transfer front. Fred is going to have to be an absolute beast or we're not going to better last season.
Yeh quite quiet with Liverpool getting a better squad this season I'm beginning to think this could be the season mourinio loses the plot unless we start sorting things were still short of decent players and players like Jones and smalling should be gone

Caporegime
His recent press conferences have been concerning. He's complained about Pereira not playing simple enough, him not being used to missing players for a preseason (apparently he's never managed a club on an international tournament year before) There is a overwhelming stench of negativity coming from him.

I don't really want Maguire, I don't think he's a bad player but I'm not convinced he's an improvement and the price is insane.

Soldato
His recent press conferences have been concerning. He's complained about Pereira not playing simple enough, him not being used to missing players for a preseason (apparently he's never managed a club on an international tournament year before) There is a overwhelming stench of negativity coming from him.

I don't really want Maguire, I don't think he's a bad player but I'm not convinced he's an improvement and the price is insane.
Yeh I have a funny feeling he'll be gone by Christmas

Soldato

This is all paper talk, Maguire is on a long term contract, Man Utd would have to eclipse the price paid for VVD by some way.

You'd be better off paying £50m for Leicester's scouting team, seeing the amount of quality players we have brought in over the past few seasons ;)

Don
This is all paper talk, Maguire is on a long term contract, Man Utd would have to eclipse the price paid for VVD by some way.
Blimey! If it would take that sort of fee then VVD has just become the bargain of the century. I don't mind Maguire but VVD's superior in every aspect of their games.

Soldato
Blimey! If it would take that sort of fee then VVD has just become the bargain of the century. I don't mind Maguire but VVD's superior in every aspect of their games.

I can't agree with that. VVD is a better player, but in every aspect? No way. Maguire isn't far behind him at all, and is 2 years younger.

Don
I can't agree with that. VVD is a better player, but in every aspect? No way. Maguire isn't far behind him at all, and is 2 years younger.
What is Maguire as good at, let alone better? Maguire's a competent defender that's got a bit of hype following the WC where he scored a header but he's far from a great defender, let alone footballer. Even his strengths, being his size and strength, isn't actually that much to write home about - I know Salah's deceptively strong for his size but he embarrassed Maguire at Anfield this season when Maguire tried to bully him.

In a side that looks to defend their 18 yard box where you need defenders to be brave, throw themselves in front of shots and head things away, he is very good and maybe as a 3rd or 4th choice CB at a better side he could be ok as he's not terrible on the ball but he's a million miles behind VVD.

Soldato
Maguire is 1 year into a 5 year contract, VVD was 1 year into a 6 year contract when Liverpool tapped him up, 1.5 years when he actually went. I'd take Van Dijk over Maguire any day of the week.

Soldato
Yeh I have a funny feeling he'll be gone by Christmas

Please let this be true. I appreciate what hes done but the sooner he goes the better. The problem is that he's not the only cause for concern... the whole management hierarchy is. Off topic so i'll leave it at that.

Soldato
Everyones naturally biased towards their own team but come on...Maguire and VVD shouldnt be spoken about in the same conversation. Maguire isnt in the same league as VVD.

Man of Honour
Its weird really how Mourinho made such a big deal in the past about wanting to become the Utd manager, I'm sure I remember an interview with him years ago where he said something along the lines that he was holding out for the Utd job. Yet from the moment he finally got it , its like he almost didnt seem to want to be there.

Back
Top Bottom