New Toyota Supra formally announced

Permabanned
I freaking love it. If I could afford one I'd put deposit down ASAP. !!! Totally My size and line of a car !!!

Its like GT86 and MX5 RF had unprotected sex and this came out :D

Soldato
4-cylinder engine option on the cards apparently:

Road & Track web editor Chris Perkins had the chance to speak with Supra chief engineer Testsuya Tada at the Goodwood Festival of Speed a few days ago, and the Toyota employee confirmed that there will indeed be a four-cylinder Supra. Tada also elaborated, saying the four-cylinder Supra will be lighter, with "much better weight distribution" and a sharper-feeling turn-in. Tada also remarked that, for the Supra owners who plan to swap in a 2JZ engine, "please buy the four-cylinder. It will be cheaper."

From: https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a22173382/toyota-will-build-a-four-cylinder-supra/
Above article also cited here: https://jalopnik.com/toyota-confirms-a-four-cylinder-supra-1827655518

Interesting. I'm sure most people would elect to go for the big hairy chested 6-cylinder, but having the choice to go for a slightly cheaper (and perhaps nimbler) version sounds like a smart move. Would like to see how that pans out, given that the car is fairly heavy (~1500Kgs, I think?).

Soldato
I'm...not sure. I think it looks pretty good! It's got some of the Ft-1 concept about it, which looked stunning. But I can see how it looks a little awkward from some angles.
But it's just a speculative render, I'd like to see the real thing.

Soldato
Nope, still don't like it, it's just an ugly looking thing, crash it into a wall or something it'll probably look better.

It looks like they took a GT86, slapped a bigger engine in it, then proceeded to do multiple donuts in Halfords and asked them for the WeFit service to install a 12inch sub in the boot.

Back
Top Bottom