• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
Their idiots.

But it's easy to understand why. Mud sticks. It will take a long time for those ideas to die and be replaced by new ones. But AMD need good products to make this happen.

Case in point. When I bought my Ryzen CPU one of my none technical mates ask me why did I go for the budget brand? :rolleyes:

Budget brand :rolleyes: When was the last time they looked at HEDT market?

GTX480 and wooden screws. That was the period that AMD had better products though.
Same applied during the GTX5xx series, GTX6xx and GTX7xx

Soldato
That's not going to happen. 2019 will be Navi and even then it'll probably only be equal to a 1080Ti (Nvidia will have released Ampere by then which will be faster)
AMD will get back into the GPU game at some point, even if it does take some years, with no competition in the PC hardware place it's not helping prices and with DDR4 being price fixed right now it's best just to invest in older hardware. What interests me is we keep hearing about flash storage being in high demand and that production isn't high enough yet we are seeing SSD prices plummet yet RAM keeps increasing, I know they are different types of flash memory but it just shows how it's being fixed.

Hopefully the 1180 is amazing, it needs to be for what nVidia will be charging for it, I don't blame them because they can and will do it, but it's really killing the fairly small PC market with even the cheapest cards being fairly expensive these days, being able to buy a HD 7850 and overclocking it to be on par or beat a HD 7950 was amazing, it's what got me into PC gaming yet if I had to pay todays prices to start up I think I'd be out, if others feel like this then the market is losing potential customers.

I think one of AMD' biggest screwups was trusting Raja.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Their idiots.

But it's easy to understand why. Mud sticks. It will take a long time for those ideas to die and be replaced by new ones. But AMD need good products to make this happen.

Case in point. When I bought my Ryzen CPU one of my none technical mates ask me why did I go for the budget brand? :rolleyes:

Lol.

I personally cannot wait for Zen 2 :D

Budget brand :rolleyes: When was the last time they looked at HEDT market?

GTX480 and wooden screws. That was the period that AMD had better products though.
Same applied during the GTX5xx series, GTX6xx and GTX7xx

The thing is non tech savvy people do not know about stuff like this. They just like to go with what is cool and what other friends use etc. Kind of like the iPhone, the marketing gets them.

Soldato
I notice Gtx 1180+ is releasing in September according to the leak info. I wonder if it's going to be hybrid card (AIO) like AMD did with there top card?

The '+' variant could just be all the third-party cards, which always follow later anyway. Not sure Nvidia would release an AIO card themselves, but who knows. All guesswork at this stage.

Caporegime
I notice Gtx 1180+ is releasing in September according to the leak info. I wonder if it's going to be hybrid card (AIO) like AMD did with there top card?

Doubt it, nvidia always resort to using their now standard blower cooler which, while looking good does nothing but hinder performance of the card. You can easily get 300-400 mhz more using an aio cooler on a lot of their cards. The standard amd cooler is equally as bad, though generally amd cards as of late don't have much headroom in them for overclocking.

OcUK Staff
You guys need to realise that releasing any kind of youtube video showing leaked GTX information, whether made up or true gains the youtube channel absolutely massive amount of hits. As such this is why you see all these leaks these past few months, just youtubers wanting a bit hit increase by making videos for very hot topics, true or false they gain massive video hits as proven by the video above, like 20-30,000 hits in just 24hr, good revenue source income for them.

So just use your brain to think that over, when the time is right, NVIDIA will announce, not some random tech site.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So just use your brain
Come on now, you are asking for too much! :p

It will be out when it is out is my stance. One thing is for sure, I will not be buying another graphics card until Nvidia release these new cards, so if they want my and many others money, they will need to release something new :D

Pretty much what Legend said really. I doubt it is a AIO card, if they were to do that, my guess is it would be on a new reference line for their 1180Ti range.

bru

bru

Soldato
They will get here when they get here.

On a side note, I've got too love the way for some, that Raja has now become the scape goat and he can take the blame.;)

Soldato
You guys need to realise that releasing any kind of youtube video showing leaked GTX information, whether made up or true gains the youtube channel absolutely massive amount of hits. As such this is why you see all these leaks these past few months, just youtubers wanting a bit hit increase by making videos for very hot topics, true or false they gain massive video hits as proven by the video above, like 20-30,000 hits in just 24hr, good revenue source income for them.

So just use your brain to think that over, when the time is right, NVIDIA will announce, not some random tech site.

Come on Gibbo, tell us what you know! :D.

Back
Top Bottom