Ordered Monolith M1060C... now the wait!

Soldato
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=29513

have been wanting a really "nice" pair of headphones for the office as 90% of my music listening is at my work office.

I don't have the money to spend £600+ on any of the end game stuff, so the 1060c seemed like the ideal in-between of something like a 598CS and the mid range closed Fostex stuff.

I'mI've had to import from Amazon US, they are on sale for $282 , once you add on customs and shipping it's about £275.

On one hand I already have some buyer's remorse as £275 just seems like a LOT of money for something I'm leaving at work, but in the end I'm there 8 hours a day 5 days a week (this is me trying to convince myself I'm not an idiot! :p)

I have HD600 for home and I love them, but I don't listen to much at home anymore.

Now just the long wait for them to get here. I hope I will enjoy them.

Soldato
OP
Just got these headphones today and here is my initial impressions.

Ok so i have always had starter gear here is a gear of stuff i have owned.

* HD600 (current)
* MSR-7
* DT990
* DT770
* K712
* Hyper X Cloud
* HD598

I will be comparing the HD600 as these have been my fav set and my reference for what is good.

Ok straight of the bat.. WOW! that low end is amazing coming from the sharp MSR7 and relaxed low end of the HD600, like seriously the sub bass this thing can manage is pretty amazing, especially on a track like James Blake 'Limit to your love' it really feels like there going to vibrate off my head!

But the best thing about the low end is that it feel so snappy and responsive and really does not bleed into vocals at all. The bass is so tight absolutley no feeling of muddiness.

Soundstage and imaging again is absolutely top notch, absolutely destroying the HD600 (which is famous for not great soundstage) really really impressive for a closed set of headphones.

Highs are also very nicely handled, they certainly do not have the crunch or sparkle as some of the Beyerdynamics i have tried but still sound very nice, I personally prefer the way my MSR7 handles the highs though.

Details are very nice i can pick up lots of subtle cues in the tracks that can be missed on lesser headphones, it doesn't quite beat the HD600 for that but it's not far off.

**Overall i absolutely love what these headphones can do, they have a balanced sound signature with an absolutely slamming low end which adds great fun, and i know it might be new toy syndrome but i think i prefer it over the HD600.**

I wish they were sold more easily in EU, i had to import from Amazon, but they sound awesome for the money they cost. I needed closed cans for an open office and they tick the sound box but....

I REALLY hate the headband and cup design, yes this is already well documented but i hate how the cups swivel around and twist up all the time it really does but a downer on the headphone but its worth living with. I was worried about the weight when i picked them up but the weight honestly melts away when on my head no issues at all.

Hope this can be of use to someone, im not technically minded and for sure dont have the most anaylitcal ears.

Soldato
The M1060C is pretty much what the M1060 wanted to be and could get there with heavy modding - the closed back version doesn't need any :)

Planar bass takes some beating, specially for speed, though my DT1990's would give them a run with their Tesla drivers. :D

Soldato
Just purchased the 1060C prior to reading your recommendation. They appear too good to miss at £214.00. I'll be running them on an Audiolab Mdac attached to the PC viewing a LG C1 Oled. I love my Amperior's but they clamp the head too much for long listening/viewing.

Back
Top Bottom