LG OLED55B7V price hikes everywhere??

Soldato
I know plenty of people who the ATV is their only Apple product and couldn’t be happier.

It’s a game changing product in regards to the upgrades. I’ve had over 160 films upgrade to 4K-no way would I have the same amount of films in disc format.

It is definitely my only one

Soldato
Well got my TV this afternoon.
Yellow stain down entire left side on white background.........
SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Shocking quality control for such expensive items....
Lets see if the returns are simple/quick with RS....

Soldato
I know plenty of people who the ATV is their only Apple product and couldn’t be happier.

It’s a game changing product in regards to the upgrades. I’ve had over 160 films upgrade to 4K-no way would I have the same amount of films in disc format.

You make a great point. I've actually done a complete about turn and am definitely considering one now. I'll give it some more thought and research. Thanks.

Soldato
Well got my TV this afternoon.
Yellow stain down entire left side on white background.........
SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Shocking quality control for such expensive items....
Lets see if the returns are simple/quick with RS....

I still haven't opened my TV yet, as I don't move in until next week :eek:

Think I have to open it now as I don't want to run over the number of days I'm allow to return it if it's broken!

Associate

I've bought a few movies on iTunes and I am quite impressed with it - only thing that ****** me off is when they miss English subtitles.

Been looking out for a discount on the 4K Apple TV box.

Soldato
I still haven't opened my TV yet, as I don't move in until next week :eek:

Think I have to open it now as I don't want to run over the number of days I'm allow to return it if it's broken!
Heres a picture just so you can see.
I've boxed it up for collection tomorrow, they are replacing it at the same time.
If I have no luck, I'm going to give up till the C8's come down in price.
The camera has picked up some tinting on the right, but I can't see it with my eye.
The tint on the left is pretty accurate to what I see.

20180724_172050.jpg

Soldato
So I just unpacked the TV, as I’m coming up to 30 days since I purchased and I wanted to check it was alright - I got it out and there’s a few really bad marks on the screen that won’t come off :( I’ve not even bothered to turn it on as the marks on the screen will definitely bother me.

Going to ring Richer Sounds tomorrow to sort out a replacement.

Soldato
So I just unpacked the TV, as I’m coming up to 30 days since I purchased and I wanted to check it was alright - I got it out and there’s a few really bad marks on the screen that won’t come off :( I’ve not even bothered to turn it on as the marks on the screen will definitely bother me.

Going to ring Richer Sounds tomorrow to sort out a replacement.

That sucks, but at least you're within the 30 days. At the risk of it being a stupid question you did remove the protective film from the screen didn't you?

Soldato
That sucks, but at least you're within the 30 days. At the risk of it being a stupid question you did remove the protective film from the screen didn't you?

Did yours come with a protective film over the screen? Mine didn’t - I suspected from the start that the box may have already been opened as the bottom of the box was open and only held together but two ties.

The only thing over the screen was this white plastic film but it wasn’t like what you’d peel off your phone (if that’s the sort of protective film you meant?).

Soldato
Did yours come with a protective film over the screen? Mine didn’t - I suspected from the start that the box may have already been opened as the bottom of the box was open and only held together but two ties.

The only thing over the screen was this white plastic film but it wasn’t like what you’d peel off your phone (if that’s the sort of protective film you meant?).

Holy ****... Okay I feel really silly right now :p :p

After writing this post out, I went back to the TV and peeled at the edge, and sure enough there’s a protective film on it :p

Super embarrassed - I normally notice these things :D - But also super happy that it’s all good :p

Time to put it to the test :p Thank you @nicktay2605 for bringing it to my attention! :D

Soldato
Holy ****... Okay I feel really silly right now :p :p

After writing this post out, I went back to the TV and peeled at the edge, and sure enough there’s a protective film on it :p

Super embarrassed - I normally notice these things :D - But also super happy that it’s all good :p

Time to put it to the test :p Thank you @nicktay2605 for bringing it to my attention! :D

No problem, I thought there was a scratch on mine when I got it before realising it was on the protective film! Plus I left the one on the back for several days before noticing it when I was tidying up the connections :p

Soldato
Watched my first 4K movie ever on my TV this weekend - It was the Kingsman - Blew me away! The quality really is phenomenal! :eek:

I'm almost ready to mount the TV to the wall, and I have a question someone here might be able to help with...

The previous owners of my house left over a Vogel TV mount (Vogel EFW 8305), which I hope to use with this TV. Except, there are no screws to fix the mount to the back of the TV. Can anyone advise me what screws I need to get for this TV?

Man of Honour
Recently had the urge to upgrade my TV from a mid range 55" 4K LG TV. Initially I wanted a 65", but it would've been a bit too big for the space i have for the TV in thr living room. So I started looking at 55" OLED TV's and eventually decided on the LG B7.

Can't say I'm anything other than Impressed. Picture is a whole another level above my expectations. It's like my eye sight has a had an upgrade with such stunning image quality.

But even at it's current £1300 price tag, it is a lot of money to spend on a TV. But I'm happy with my purchase.

Soldato
Yeah it's a phenomenal TV. I've had mine for about two months now and I still marvel at the picture quality whenever I watch something in 4k, and even at 1080p the upscaling is very good. It's very rare to buy anything and be unable to find fault with it, but I really can't with the B7. What's even better is that mine was a warranty replacement from Richer Sounds so it only cost me £100 :D

Associate
Thinking of getting the SJ9 Sound Bar, seen some really good reviews for it when used with the LG B7, it's a bit pricey at £400 - is it worth it?

Back
Top Bottom