It's too hot :(

Soldato
Still badly jet lagged, hoping to have a proper night's sleep tonight, my bedroom was 28 earlier - I closed the door and let my air-con run for an hour, came in and it's now freezing cold at 14 degrees, just hope I don't end up waking up at 3am and laying there will 7 again,.. jetlag sucks

Associate
I was wondering about this. I'm barely eating, drinking enough water to refill the Pacific every day, and peeing like a race horse. Definitely not dehydrated, but sodium could be low?

If you’re sweating a lot due to heat and begin to feel signs of dehydration then, as well as replacing your fluids you may find you need a recovery drink such as an electrolyte or low-sugar energy drink and salt.
It’s very unlikely that you’ll drink too much water, but if you're going to the toilet a lot and your urine looks really pale, you’re probably drinking more than you need.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
33c down here tomorrow (South East). Aircon'ed office for the day, but will be hot at home in the evening as it gets the sun all day due to facing perfectly south!

Associate
I was wondering about this. I'm barely eating, drinking enough water to refill the Pacific every day, and peeing like a race horse. Definitely not dehydrated, but sodium could be low?

Not many people think of it and it is important especially for the young and old, so as with most things, just be aware of the potential problems with this very nasty heat wave.

Soldato
Crikey, woke up with bad stomach pains on the night, i drank a glass of water and it went away after a while. Guessing it was constipation because i did a number two this morning.

I’ll make sure to drink plenty of water now!

Soldato
Crikey, woke up with bad stomach pains on the night, i drank a glass of water and it went away after a while. Guessing it was constipation because i did a number two this morning.

Normally i consume 1.5-2L of water at work, recently it's been 2L-2.5L. I do not exercise, so this is just standard consumption.

Keep hydrated people!

Soldato
Set the sleep timer on my air con last night, I woke up about 2 hours after it will have gone off, turned the air con back on to find it was full. Emptied the water, asleep almost instantly. Woke again, not sure of time, as it had filled again already and was basically just being a fan. Emptied and straight back to sleep. I really don't know how people can use just a fan... almost instantly the room is colder when the actual AC is turned on.

Soldato
Set the sleep timer on my air con last night, I woke up about 2 hours after it will have gone off, turned the air con back on to find it was full. Emptied the water, asleep almost instantly. Woke again, not sure of time, as it had filled again already and was basically just being a fan. Emptied and straight back to sleep. I really don't know how people can use just a fan... almost instantly the room is colder when the actual AC is turned on.
Not even needed a fan the last few nights, just the windows open our house position means we get a slight breeze constantly was about 24c last night.

Soldato
Work is a nice break though we have it set so cold I actually need a jacket on at the minute.

You get that feeling like stepping off a plane when going on holiday when you go outside

Soldato
My metoffice app is just useless. Thunderstorms --> No Thunderstoms --> A little Rain --> No Rain --> Thunderstorms --> A little Rain

All within the space of 6 hours...I think i'm just going to ignore it. One thing's for sure, it's hot.

Man of Honour
Yeah the MetOffice app drives me bonkers. Habit of checking it too often because of cycling, but it means that I'm seeing constant weather changes and it can never be trusted

"Oh look a whole day of rain and thunder, yay!"
5 minutes later
"Oh okay, 31 all day then and no rain until tomorrow"

And then by tomorrow that disappears.

Soldato

I drink 2 to 3 litres a day 365 days a year.

Going to spain in 2 weeks and I'm sure that will do up to 5 litres a day.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Kinda glad to be at work today, a lovely air conditioned office. I daren't step outside in the fear of spontaneously combusting with this heat & humidity. Please rain.

Soldato
Yeah the MetOffice app drives me bonkers. Habit of checking it too often because of cycling, but it means that I'm seeing constant weather changes and it can never be trusted

"Oh look a whole day of rain and thunder, yay!"
5 minutes later
"Oh okay, 31 all day then and no rain until tomorrow"

And then by tomorrow that disappears.

I think that's just because of positioning... the showers some of us are getting are convective which makes it a lot harder to predict exactly where they will be because they effectively form in-place (compared to say, a big weather front, where you can almost just look at what's already there and the direction of the wind and see where it's heading)... if you get the precise location of a convective storm wrong then your forecast is instantly wrong in 2 places! Doesn't stop it being annoying though - I feel like they should just massively drop down the % chances to compensate (although then I guess people will complain for the opposite reason - "it only said 10% chance of rain!!!!")

Back
Top Bottom