It's too hot :(

Soldato
I won't miss this heatwave, anything above the low twenties and I start to suffer. As a result my job has been a bit of a torment these last six weeks or so.

Says its 32c, but it's pretty cloudy. Also the wind. Its so incredibly windy.

There's a very nice and a times quite gusty southerly breeze that's built up since late morning in LU7. At the moment the breeze is blowing straight through my second floor flat. 'tis nice.

Still very hot (supposedly 31c), but now very cloudy outside. At this rate the weather should get quite entertaining later on.

Associate
14:00 and 34C here in Surrey now. :eek:

That's about as high as i've ever experienced in the last forty years. Please rain now!

Associate
Went out for a walk earlier, bit cloudy over here but can feel very warm air blowing around, even a breeze of wind feels like hot air. Could see which buildings in the business park had AC and which ones didn't. Smaller buildings with all the windows open don't have AC and the bigger buildings with all the windows shut do. Soon retreated back to where I worked to be greeted by a nice wall of ice cold air upon entering.

Man of Honour
Went out for a walk earlier, bit cloudy over here but can feel very warm air blowing around, even a breeze of wind feels like hot air. Could see which buildings in the business park had AC and which ones didn't. Smaller buildings with all the windows open don't have AC and the bigger buildings with all the windows shut do. Soon retreated back to where I worked to be greeted by a nice wall of ice cold air upon entering.

Or they are like my last place where it's full of idiots who don't understand how air con works and open all the windows trying to cool it down further. Used to drive me up the wall

Associate
Or they are like my last place where it's full of idiots who don't understand how air con works and open all the windows trying to cool it down further. Used to drive me up the wall

My old place used to have the air con on and the radiators running at the same time... with the windows wide open.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
Soldato
30c in Derby currently. The family spent a good few hours at Markeaton Park today, packed, hot and got hotter. A breeze occasionally drifted around but if it happened when the sun was out of cloud cover it was a really hot breeze. I feel sorry for my fellow work mates today. We work in a carvery kitchen. That job is not fun carving with the hot deck on and heat lamps... Touched 38oc on the deck yesterday whilst I was carving.

Associate
I've been in the US Southwest for the last 3 weeks, it's all just sandstone and desert - when flying back I love seeing the lurid green lush UK countryside, not this time,

I took this pic from the plane of the midlands, as we were approaching Heathrow;

Great picture. Says it all really. Another month and it'll look like this:

airplane-tour-_Namibia.jpg

Back
Top Bottom