It's too hot :(

Soldato
Air has got a weird smell to it today, think it's the industrial park wafting over.

Pollution warnings issued in London isn't there, guess the heat makes it hang around.

Man of Honour
Car thermometer said 36.5 at one point on the M1. Geez, it is warm. Hoping for some good storms tonight. Forecast looks promising. Thunderstorm risk for 24 hours from midnight. In need of some decent rain.

Soldato
My hazy recollections is of warm dry summers in the 80's maybe not as hot as this year but certainly more like this dry summer than the last decade of drizzly summers. I'm not convinced this is anything particularly abnormal. That said it is chuffing hot uncomfortable and hard to sleep.

Soldato
My hazy recollections is of warm dry summers in the 80's maybe not as hot as this year but certainly more like this dry summer than the last decade of drizzly summers. I'm not convinced this is anything particularly abnormal. That said it is chuffing hot uncomfortable and hard to sleep.

The stats for multiple records broken would disagree with you.

Soldato
The pavements need a damn good wash. There's still puke stains on the walk to east croydon Station from world cup days. Bird **** everywhere too all dried up. My trainers are sticking to the ground. Everything is minging so bring on the rains

Soldato
We have a right storm brewing here in York, wind has picked up and it has cooled down a lot. Black as hell as well with rumbles of thunder.

Scrap that it is hammering it down now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Earlier the conservatory hit 55degC.. so if the windows and door were closed that would be over 70..
Just pulling into Waterloo on the train, apparently it’s 34 outside.. I’ve gotta take the tube over to Bethnal Green, I’m tempted to walk instead....

I deliberately didn't commute in - crazy temps.

Associate
We have a right storm brewing here in York, wind has picked up and it has cooled down a lot. Black as hell as well with rumbles of thunder.

Scrap that it is hammering it down now.

Sheesh, don't hoard all the rain. Send some storm this way! :)

I fell asleep this morning to my 'Rain & Thunder' mp3. Be nice to get the real thing though. Wash some of the grime off the earth!

Back
Top Bottom