It's too hot :(

Soldato
Just rained again from nowere, no spitting just a boom lol, ground is that dry the rain just sat on top of my lawn. The cat got a little wet. Still cloudy as hell so might get some more.

Soldato
Yep it just has gone back to as it was, sweating again so that was a waste of time lol.

For 15 years I was telling my friends and family in Greece that I love the British summer because is cooler, more pleasant and feels like an extended 6 month Greek spring.

Same applied to winter, where in mainland Greece the weather was worse (a lot of snow for 4-5 months straight and dark overcast for the period) than here always.
(except 2000-1 winter, where I was swimming at sea daily non stop to next summer).
However this didn't applied this year. Greece had an exceptionally good winter with temps around 16C, and bright sunshine with the Sun setting at usual 6pm. (instead of 3pm in UK)
And when I came back, needed WD40 to put in my door keylock because it was frozen.

Both extremes in a single year -_-

Associate
Today has been glorious!! Sadly it's looking like Saturday through to next Thursday is going to be an abomination of high teen temperatures and rain.

Soldato
Got home from my 10 minute cycle commute, dripping with sweat. Jumped in a cold shower, all clean. 20 minutes later I'm dripping with sweat again. :( Yep, too hot today. Event hotter tomorrow down here in Kent, hopefully we get some decent thunderstorms tomorrow!!!

Man of Honour
Just watched the met office forecast. They could have saved three minutes of people’s lives and just said at the beginning “We haven’t really got a clue”.

Massive range of possible outcomes for the next few days - there is an area of I think low pressure off the north west of us in the Atlantic that is messing about non-committally which will have a big impact depending on what it will do.

At the moment looks like the heat will drop off for a few days until around the 3rd of August where it will probably return to ~30C again until possibly breaking mid month.

Back
Top Bottom