Hiking, backpacking, trekking, mountaineering...

Soldato
That's fantastic! Never realised they were rounded up and checked. I was over there this morning getting a few routes done. I wanted to get a big day in as I'm off to the alps in a couple weeks but also wanted to get back in time for the match so was up and out of the house at the crack of dawn. Ticked off the slabs, Cneifion Arete, Dolmen Ridge, Bristly Ridge, Pinnacle Rib and North Ridge of Tryfan and made it home just in time for kick off. :D

Good stuff, that is a busy day! Did you take any pics this time? (I doubt you had time!)

Soldato
I'm absolutely made up as Oggie Mountain Rescue chose one of my pics as a winner in their photo competition for this years Christmas cards! :) It was just a chance snap I took while heading back to the car after climbing a couple winters ago and I entered it not expecting anything to come of it.

It would make a good postcard :)

Soldato
I'm going to Snowdon next weekend.

I'm not really sure what to take with me and what to wear.

I have walking boots and socks, lightweight trousers and t-shirt, small 14L backpack and 2L camelbak crux.

I'll take food and snacks but what else will I need?

Soldato
Good stuff, that is a busy day! Did you take any pics this time? (I doubt you had time!)

This was about the only one that was any good!
4nb66Ejl.jpg

I'm going to Snowdon next weekend.

I'm not really sure what to take with me and what to wear.

I have walking boots and socks, lightweight trousers and t-shirt, small 14L backpack and 2L camelbak crux.

I'll take food and snacks but what else will I need?

In the recent settled heat, I've been taking the bare minimum out with me. A small Salomon running pack, trail runners, helmet, sandwich, water, suncream and sunglasses is about all I took yesterday. If next weekend is anything like this weekend, I'd be ditching the trousers and wearing shorts as at 1,000m it'll still be around 15C. Oh, and get there early too as it will be rammed on Snowdon!

Soldato
This was about the only one that was any good!
4nb66Ejl.jpg

In the recent settled heat, I've been taking the bare minimum out with me. A small Salomon running pack, trail runners, helmet, sandwich, water, suncream and sunglasses is about all I took yesterday. If next weekend is anything like this weekend, I'd be ditching the trousers and wearing shorts as at 1,000m it'll still be around 15C. Oh, and get there early too as it will be rammed on Snowdon!

Nice. Tryfan and Bristley Ridge from the west, maybe on Gribin? Nice and shaded in the morning too. Lovely.

Soldato
Thanks guys.

Should be good hopefully, I've not done much hill walking before and I don't do much regular walking so should be a challenge.

I'm envious. :) I can still remember the first time I walked up Snowdon. I was about 9 and my Mum took me up the Llanberis path (the easiest route, but not the shortest). The view from the summit blew me away. On a clear day it's truly amazing.

Soldato
Only time to do Snowdon is first thing or last thing. Can't stand how busy it gets. I like to get up there before even the staff go up on the first supply train.
Being the only one up there is great.

Associate
Only time to do Snowdon is first thing or last thing. Can't stand how busy it gets. I like to get up there before even the staff go up on the first supply train.
Being the only one up there is great.

That's what I like about wild camping. Even if there are people out during the day, come the time when the sun gets nearer to the horizon everyone sods off and you're left there alone. Same waking up , for the first few who hours of daylight at least.

Soldato
Going to do Tryfan, Glyder Fach and Glyder Fawr at weekend. Only a short 6mile route so should be easy, especially now its a bit cooler.

Soldato
woacenj.jpg

South west coast path near Newquay this weekend... super hot and the sea looked like something from the Caribbean.. all I wanted to do for 3 days was take the bag off and jump in the sea to cool down.

Awesome though :)

Soldato
I've been out playing in the Alps for the last few days. The plan is some easy trekking routes with the missus this week then next week I can get out and do some proper climbing. I was up to the Bossons glacier on Monday, Montenvers and the Midi Plan on Tuesday and up to Mont Vorassay today. Next week I'm heading up to the Conscrits hut to get a couple mountaineering routes done, hopefully Mont Tondu as an acclimatisation peak then the Domes de Miage Traverse on Wednesday. Rest day on Thursday with some climbing on the Aiguille Rouge then head up to the Midi Station on Friday to do the Pointes Lachenal Traverse and Cosmiques Arete!

pDGQ7gKl.jpg

qc0L7jal.jpg

Nice view of the Domes de Miage Traverse today from lower down, hopefully the conditions are as good next week!
G7R9WOLl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom