No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Man of Honour
Tips for finding new base parts?

How do I get my first freighter?

I really need storage containers.

I don’t get how my cpu is only being used at 30-40% and yet during this time (usually planetary transitions) it spikes to around 90C. Have never seen anything do that to it before. Still, at least the game is very smooth now. Just trying to get the crafting recipes into my mind. It is a bit of a grind at the moment.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Funny, they have added hidden chests to ruin sites and crashed freighters with goods worth tens of millions. Yet I got the full 8 star trader perk instantly by selling just one of those items. Credits are easier to earn now, although some of the end game capital ships are expensive, but they haven’t updated the achievement to match this.

Associate
Made a fresh start with a friend and had the good fortune of finding a habitable world in the first system, so we plan to construct a base there and expand outwards!

7BF01990461CDE9728E10F3656CC5477C0DE41BE

Edit: Mack revisted the game and actually loves it!

Last edited:
Associate
I played again for the first time since launch yesterday and wow its changed a lot for the better, think I'll be putting a lot more time into this now and see how it goes.

impressed so far with the first few hours I've played.

Associate
Picked this up on Steam as nothing to loose with the refund policy (it's no cheaper elsewhere at the moment) and enjoying the journey.
Basically Subnautica in space, I'll take that any day.

When using the Visor is it possible to tag places you have visited?, I'm sure sometimes I'm going round in circles, never quite sure if I have already visited a place of interest.

Soldato
Haven't played this since 2016. Put about 2 hours into it last night and it's a completely different game.

I'm up to the part where I need to get around 90000 money to buy parts for a hyperdrive.

My only annoyance so far is that the starting planets are always hostile/toxic and ugly!!

Associate
Aw shucks, just died in survival mode.....From an over zealous jump no less.
Lost everything (guess there is no grave with your inventory in survival mode)

I have no oxygen, there is none near by as I had previously picked it all up, was absolutely packed to the rafters with Sodium and Oxygen.
Now I'm sitting in my ship on a baron planet and I suffocate as soon as I leave it.

The big mistake here.....
Entering the ship after dying and re-spawning, which saves the game so I cannot roll back the clock.

Was my first death as well.
Game over man, Game Over.

Soldato
Small 26MB patch, wonder what for.

Yeah I got mine the other day, did a hour trip and nearly half a million credits after.

Latest changes on Experimental (27/07):
  • Fixed an issue that will restore more savegames for players who saved with partially repaired tech.
  • Fixed an issue where players who had partially repaired a piece of broken technology would have an incorrect item in the repair interaction
  • Fixed an issue where players in underwater bases played the wrong animations
  • Fixed an issue where freighters incorrectly reported they did not have enough fuel to warp
  • Fixed a crash in the base-building system
  • Improved garbage collection and reduced memory footprint of physics
  • Prevented occasional crash in animation
  • Reduce memory footprint of planetary textures from space

We will continue to listen and respond to bug reports on both main and experimental.

Man of Honour
I really am wandering around quite aimlessly at the moment and just happening to run into some tech. At least I have a freighter doing something in the meantime.

Such a faff having to repair everything. Found one inventory expansion, took about 20 minutes to repair it.

Soldato
Ok so who is having completely crazy frame drops in this game? I play at high to ultra settings at 4K with my i7 and 1080ti and one second it will be a smooth 60 fps and then the next it drops down to like 30 fps...... Its all over the place!!

Back
Top Bottom